It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:22 am

Sharing !Bang commands

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CybOrSpasm

Sharing !Bang commands

Post by CybOrSpasm »

I have a skin containing several string meters (just a shortcut launcher). Each meter obviously has it's own unique "LeftMouseUpAction= " But I also need to have them all do a set of common bangs as well. For example, here are a couple of current meters:

Code: Select all

[MeterShortcut1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=TextStyle
Text=#ShortcutName1#
LeftMouseUpAction=#ShortcutPath1#[!DeactivateConfig "Fullscreen\Programs\ProgramsPopup" "ProgramsPopup.ini"][!HideMeter MeterShortcut "Fullscreen\Programs"][!SetVariable Pause 1 "Fullscreen\Programs"]

[MeterShortcut2]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=TextStyle
Text=#ShortcutName2#
LeftMouseUpAction=#ShortcutPath2#[!DeactivateConfig "Fullscreen\Programs\ProgramsPopup" "ProgramsPopup.ini"][!HideMeter MeterShortcut "Fullscreen\Programs"][!SetVariable Pause 1 "Fullscreen\Programs"]
The "LeftMouseUpAction"s share a bunch of identical bangs... Is there a way to put all the identical bangs in like the style or something, so that they don't have to be repeated on all 20 meters, while still allowing each one to launch it's own #ShortcutPath*#?

Hope I made that clear...? Thanks!
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Sharing !Bang commands

Post by Kaelri »

Why not use another variable?

Code: Select all

[Variables]
ShortcutPath1=...
ShortcutPath2=...
CommonShortcutBangs=[!DeactivateConfig "Fullscreen\Programs\ProgramsPopup" "ProgramsPopup.ini"][!HideMeter MeterShortcut "Fullscreen\Programs"][!SetVariable Pause 1 "Fullscreen\Programs"]

[MeterShortcut1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=TextStyle
Text=#ShortcutName1#
LeftMouseUpAction=#ShortcutPath1##CommonShortcutBangs#

[MeterShortcut2]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=TextStyle
Text=#ShortcutName2#
LeftMouseUpAction=#ShortcutPath2##CommonShortcutBangs#
CybOrSpasm

Re: Sharing !Bang commands

Post by CybOrSpasm »

Ah! I see what you did there. By golly Kaelri, if I didn't know better, I would say that was quite clever. };] Thank you very kindly!