It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:56 am

Rss feeds refuse to work

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Pesti1ence

Rss feeds refuse to work

Post by Pesti1ence »

I've been trying for the last couple hours to get Rss feeds to work in multiple rain meter skins. Illustro, Enigma, etc. All I get is N/A. I know the RSS feed I'm putting in is valid, I checked it, and I'm currently running another program altogether to display my RSS feeds on my desktop. Very poorly. I'm running a windows 8 if this has anything at all to do with the situation. And I'm replacing the lifehacker link with my URL so I know it isn't placement. Can someone help?
Pesti1ence

Re: Rss feeds refuse to work

Post by Pesti1ence »

I'll just assume none of you know what the hell it is either.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Could you try the WebParser Tester skin in this thread? Just load the skin and see if the light turns green.

If it does not, that means that Rainmeter isn't able to connect to the Internet at all. The most likely cause is that Rainmeter is being blocked by your firewall software, or that Internet Explorer has been improperly configured to use a "proxy server." (See this thread for more on that.)

If the light does turn green, your issue has some other cause, and I'll try to help you diagnose it further.
Pesti1ence

Post by Pesti1ence »

That's odd but it gives me something to work with. The lights red, and I have no patience for internet explorer. I, guess I could try and mess with the firewall and see if that's making things difficult. I'll edit with updates. Thank ya kindly.

*Edit* Ope. Nevermind. It turned green.

So. :) ;

*Edit 2* If it helps any I'm attempting to install an RSS feed from Fangoria. -http://www.fangotv.com/index.php?option=com_ninjarsssyndicator&feed_id=1

Now the same link worked on a separate RSS feed application but maybe it's just the RSS feeds that I happen to choose conflicting with Rainmeter in some form or fashion.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I don't have any issue with that feed using Enigma or any other Rainmeter RSS skin. Since your light did eventually turn green, it seems that Rainmeter's Internet connection is working, but is either a) too slow, or b) is being interfered with by some other software or service. I'm not sure where I would look for further diagnosis; hopefully someone else has a better idea.

Do the feeds ever appear if you simply wait long enough for them, as you did with the WebParser tester? And do any errors appear in the log?
Pesti1ence

Post by Pesti1ence »

Kaelri wrote:I don't have any issue with that feed using Enigma or any other Rainmeter RSS skin. Since your light did eventually turn green, it seems that Rainmeter's Internet connection is working, but is either a) too slow, or b) is being interfered with by some other software or service. I'm not sure where I would look for further diagnosis; hopefully someone else has a better idea.

Do the feeds ever appear if you simply wait long enough for them, as you did with the WebParser tester? And do any errors appear in the log?
Well I can say that I waited for a couple hours and it did not show. I'm unsure of how to check the log but with some direction to instructions I would be more then happy to oblige.