It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:58 am

FileView plugin 2.1

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
DigitalSpectrum

Re: FileView plugin 2.1

Post by DigitalSpectrum »

Thank you so much!

And yes that's right, it needed the path AND the filename.

So glad you got it to work!
Asagrim

Post by Asagrim »

I have encountered an unpleasant side-effect of the fileview plugin.

When i use fileview, it dumps icons corresponding to the index numbers in the folder of the ini file. (icon1.ico, icon2.ico etc.). Unfortunately this means i can not use more than one set of indexes for icons in a single skin because whenever i call a new set of indexes, the icons are overwritten with that of the previous index.

Here is an example. The icons of my applications got mostly overwritten by control panel icons, when i loaded a second set of indexes clicking on the arrow at the "Control Panel" item in the second column.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Check out the IconPath option: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/fileview#IconPath

For each child measure that represents the icon, you need this option. Just make sure it doesn't point to a location that another child measure is representing. This option defaults to the skin folder location and outputs a file called "IconX.ico", where the X represents the index the child represents - this is why you didn't need it beforehand.

BTW - Although the option says "Path", you also need a filename as well. For instance: IconPath=SomeFolderA is incorrect. You would want: IconPath="SomeFolderA\Icon1.ico". You can have them all in the same folder if you want, just make sure you name the icon different.

Hope that helps.

-Brian
Asagrim

Post by Asagrim »

Thank you very much! This seems to be exactly what i was looking for! :)

Now to change hundreds of indexes ... will be fun! :D
Asagrim

Post by Asagrim »

I'd have another question about FileView. Is there any way to automatically designate the Path option of parent measure 1 as the Path option of parent measure 2?

I made an image viewer, but two parent measures are needed because of differences in ShowFolder=0, ShowDotDot=0 for thumbnails, and ShowFile=0, ShowFolder=1, ShowDotDot=1 for a folder list at the side but i'd like the thumbnail parent measure to follow the path of the folder list parent measure, so i can browse the folders and have thumbnails automatically updating to show the contents of those folders.

Thanks!
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

You could probably set the other parent's path option dynamically using !SetOption followed by the Update command in the FinishAction of the folder list parent measure (but make sure to not have both FinishAction's updating each other, or you will have an endless loop).

Something like this:

Code: Select all

FinishAction=[!SetOption ThumbnailParentMeasure Path "[FolderListParent]"][!CommandMeasure ThumbnailParentMeasure Update]
Don't forget this would need DynamicVariables=1.

-Brian
Asagrim

Post by Asagrim »

I wouldn't have thought it is that simple, thanks! :D

Unfortunately varying options in mPath parameters always give me a headache. I hope this will be the last thing i ever need help with in fileview! :D

I have the following code:

Code: Select all

[calcmPathIndexCount]
Measure=Calc
Formula=trunc((#WORKAREAHEIGHT#-27)/22)

[mPath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\QL
ShowFolder=0
Extensions=lnk
HideExtensions=#SHOWEXTENSIONS#
SortType=Name
Count=[calcmPathIndexCount]
ShowDotDot=0
I get no error in the log, the value of [calcmPathIndexCount] is correct (outputs an even number), yet in every single meter index 1 is repeated, whereas if i have a number there, everything works just fine.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Maybe add DynamicVariables=1 to that measure?

If that doesn't work, I would be tempted to disable to the FileView measure, and put an IfAction on the Calc that enables the FileView measure if the Calc is higher then some value.

-Brian
Asagrim

Post by Asagrim »

Adding DynamicVariables to the mPath measure solved it, thanks! :D

I'm really glad it worked, because the second option would have been very counteractive. The calc measure basically determines how many items are to be displayed in the menu at varying screen resolutions, scaling the menu to every possible screen resolution, so an IfAction would have rendered it basically pointless.

Recognizing when to use DynamicVariables, and using regular expressions is like alchemy for me! :oops:
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I've noticed that when FileView accesses a folder (especially a folder containing many items) that has not been fully indexed by Windows, it causes Rainmeter to crash. For instance, my downloads folder contains over 1,000 files. When I scroll down the list quickly, it causes a crash. After I open the folder in Explorer and wait for the folder to finish loading all thumbnails, etc., fileview resumes and crashing stops. Is this a known issue, and is there an option to stop it?
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter