It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:17 pm

FileView plugin 2.1

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Brian
Developer

Re: FileView plugin 2.1

Post by Brian »

Thanks for reporting, this has been fixed.

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I have a few questions I can't find the answer to...

Brian, is there a way that I can open the properties pane for an item in FileView? For instance, right-clicking on an item, instead of opening it, opens its properties window.

Second, is there a way to delay a tooltip from appearing? I'd like for each item to have a tooltip that displays its full file name, in case it's cut off with clipstring. Or, if not, a way to display a tooltip at a specific coordinate, like the bottom corner of the screen instead of at the mouse position.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Virginityrocks wrote:Brian, is there a way that I can open the properties pane for an item in FileView? For instance, right-clicking on an item, instead of opening it, opens its properties window.
There may be some 3rd party software that can open up the property dialogs, but I am not aware of any.

Virginityrocks wrote:Second, is there a way to delay a tooltip from appearing? I'd like for each item to have a tooltip that displays its full file name, in case it's cut off with clipstring. Or, if not, a way to display a tooltip at a specific coordinate, like the bottom corner of the screen instead of at the mouse position.
There is no option in Rainmeter to control a Tooltip's location or when it is to be displayed. You could make a counter that enables the Tooltip after X amount of updates, then activate that measure when your mouse is over the meter in question.

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

That's too bad. I was hoping for some way to do these things, but I suppose I won't be able to. Thanks. I may end up thinking of another solution.
Droptop Four
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Alright Brian. I got a puzzle for you. The scrolling (or updating of mPath during scrolling) severely lags certain folders, but not others.

Look at my skin, and test the difference in scrolling lag between the Radio Stations or Downloads toolbar with the Recent Items or Pinned Apps toolbar. Recent Items and Pinned apps are both located in the AppData folder, and it seems that anything in the AppData folder lags pretty bad.
Droptop Four
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

I am not seeing any difference in lag in any of the items in your skin. "Recent Items" and "Pinned Apps" seem to load and scroll at the same speed as "Radio Stations" or "Downloads".

:confused:

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Weird. It's really obvious on my computer.
Droptop Four
alexandeu

Post by alexandeu »

Hi all.

I have a problem that hopefully you guys could help me with.

So I'm making a FileView Skin which opens up the "Music" Folder of the computer,
and I got that down already.

Everything works smoothly, but the only thing is that in Windows' explorer(I'm using W7),
there's an option to choose the default program for such and such type of file.
Meaning that if I tried to assign an action to the index strings to open the music file,
it would open in the program I specified in windows' explorer.

I've tried using the Nowplaying plugin to state a certain media player,
but that doesn't seem to have any effect to what I'm trying to achieve,
as I can only see it being executed out in 2 separate actions,
that being "Open NowPlaying media player, and THEN open the file".
Which results in 2 separate things happening:
The music file opens up in the program specified in explorer(let's say Foobar)
and then the NowPlaying Media Player (let's say AIMP) will open as well, but of course, NOT THAT SONG.

This is a problem to me because I switch between players when one decides to die on me for whatever reason.
...More of a hassle than a problem.

So anyways, I was wondering if there was any way of integrating the 2 commands,
so it tells Rainmeter to "Open this music file using this specified media player"? :???:
DigitalSpectrum

Post by DigitalSpectrum »

Hi, hopefully I can give you some insight, as I implemented something like this in the FileView skin in My Suite.

I set it up so that the PlayerPath= option in the NowPlaying parent measure, is a variable in a variables file that can be read by both skins.

I also added set path's for each player so that when I switch players the PlayerPath switches as well.

Then in the FileView skin i put into the context menu a bang like ["#PlayerPath#" "[mPath]"]. Which to windows would look something like "C:\Program Files\foobar\foobar.exe C:\Music" so it would play that folder (or a file) with the selected player.

Here is the code from my skin

Code: Select all

ContextTitle2=Play with #PlayerName#
ContextAction2=["#PlayerLocation#" "[mPath]"]
where I have a variable for PlayerName and PlayerLocation in the variables file, and the settings skin changes both of them for the user, when they select a new player.
alexandeu

Post by alexandeu »

DigitalSpectrum wrote:Hi, hopefully I can give you some insight, as I implemented something like this in the FileView skin in My Suite.

I set it up so that the PlayerPath= option in the NowPlaying parent measure, is a variable in a variables file that can be read by both skins.

I also added set path's for each player so that when I switch players the PlayerPath switches as well.

Then in the FileView skin i put into the context menu a bang like ["#PlayerPath#" "[mPath]"]. Which to windows would look something like "C:\Program Files\foobar\foobar.exe C:\Music" so it would play that folder (or a file) with the selected player.

Here is the code from my skin

Code: Select all

ContextTitle2=Play with #PlayerName#
ContextAction2=["#PlayerLocation#" "[mPath]"]
where I have a variable for PlayerName and PlayerLocation in the variables file, and the settings skin changes both of them for the user, when they select a new player.

Wow! Just wow!
:welcome: Mr.DigitalSpectrum, I must give it to you, your suite is just so beautiful in its completeness!
while going through the code I find myself getting very excited, shouting
"oh my god that is so cool!!!". :o

Ahem.
Needless to say I am learning so much! You are now my greatest inspiration.

For players I would always have a config skin, yet
I had never thought of using the context menu!
Well, I never learnt to, but that definitely makes everything easier!

Hah, And I thought I was getting pretty good at accessibility for users,
but you completely top it!
The biggest thing apart from the accessibility is the cleanliness of everything;
your folders, your skins, your settings window... all that.

Thank you so much for sharing with me, and the public with such a thoughtful suite! :)

I will let you know if I get it working as I want, and I'll share my work,
if not here, on another thread! :great:

(A little background info on the suite I'm working on:
A utilities suite that's "not meant for the desktop"; it could, but it's more for something else.)

;=================== Update =================

I finally got it work!

I got each index to do this:
Left Mouse=Follow path
Right Mouse=["#PlayerLocation#" "[mPath][mIndexName]"]

At first it didn't work for me only because I forgot to turn off the
"HiddenExtensions=1"

Silly me. But I'm feeling quite happy about my work!
As soon as a work out a few last kinks, it'll be ready for sharing.
Again, thanks so much Mr.DigitalSpectrum! :D

;=======================================================

Also, I have been searching for codes that hide the media player (not close it),
because having the media player open up every time I play a music file,
and then needing to make the media player minimize to taskbar, can get tiring.

So far I only have a winamp code that does that,
and I've found none that does that for the other players.

Do you guys happen to know where I could find such codes?
Or if they even exist?
Last edited by alexandeu on May 27th, 2013, 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.