It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 7:42 am

easyTune 6

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
redliner

easyTune 6

Post by redliner »

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Gigabyte motherboard utility easyTune. It monitors core temp, sys temp, voltage, etc and has smart fan speed. I see core temp must be running for Rainmeter and found SpeedFan to control the fan and I am not sure yet, what other process will need to running in order to, create a skin to Monitor my computer. easyTune seems to have most of the info I am looking for. My question is, can easyTune be used in place of core temp? I would like to keep background process to a minimum. I hope this post makes sense, I am not sure exactly what kid of skin I am after except to say "monitors the system" with maybe a few other options, I am not sure what all Rainmeter has to offer.
Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Re: easyTune 6

Post by jsmorley »

redliner wrote:I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Gigabyte motherboard utility easyTune. It monitors core temp, sys temp, voltage, etc and has smart fan speed. I see core temp must be running for Rainmeter and found SpeedFan to control the fan and I am not sure yet, what other process will need to running in order to, create a skin to Monitor my computer. easyTune seems to have most of the info I am looking for. My question is, can easyTune be used in place of core temp? I would like to keep background process to a minimum. I hope this post makes sense, I am not sure exactly what kid of skin I am after except to say "monitors the system" with maybe a few other options, I am not sure what all Rainmeter has to offer.
Thanks
Unless the utility has some kind of API interface, and you or someone is capable of writing a plugin for Rainmeter http://rainmeter.net/cms/Developers, then probably not.

However, If the utility can be made to output a "log" file of some kind with current values, then you could use WebParser to interface with the log using the "file://" protocol and parse the information into a skin.
redliner

Post by redliner »

Thanks jsmorley, for the quick reply. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth, I will probably end up dropping easyTune but for now I can't live without the smart fan control, computer sounds like an airplane taking off with the fan at 100%.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You might look at SpeedFan. It has fan speed control, and there is a built-in plugin with Rainmeter that supports it. I don't know what other advantages the one from your mobo manufacturer has, so you will be the best judge.
redliner

Post by redliner »

This is a brand new build and my first time using easyTune and so far it seems very buggy and after reading other post on gigabytes forum it seems I am not the only one dissatisfied with this software, for that matter I could not find a good comment anywhere about this software, looks like gigabyte could make software compatible with their on hardware. As far as speedFan goes I have been working with it for an hour or so but I am having problems with getting it to start with windows 8, but that seems to be the way to go.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

redliner wrote:This is a brand new build and my first time using easyTune and so far it seems very buggy and after reading other post on gigabytes forum it seems I am not the only one dissatisfied with this software, for that matter I could not find a good comment anywhere about this software, looks like gigabyte could make software compatible with their on hardware. As far as speedFan goes I have been working with it for an hour or so but I am having problems with getting it to start with windows 8, but that seems to be the way to go.
Because Speedfan asks for administrator level access when started it will need to be started using Scheduled Tasks in Windows 8.

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=79783#p79783