It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 8:18 pm

Tardis materializing - Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MP2012

Tardis materializing - Help

Post by MP2012 »

So I'm trying to create an image button... The image is of a Tardis and when click it it plays the sound of a tardis when it is materializing and I want it to be fading in/out like when you see it on the tv series... The sound bit i have set is 17 sec long with the first 12 sec being materialization noises.

ie: like this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGtwsS8PBrI

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=20
Author=MP2012
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[Metadata]
Name=Tardis
Config=Tardis | Button
Description=Novelty widget
Instructions=Push the button.
Version=1.0

[Variables]

;===============================================================================================

[MeasureQuote]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\QuotePlugin.dll
PathName="#SKINSPATH#\Tardis\Template\Skins\Tardis\Tardis Sound"
Subfolders=1
FileFilter=*.wav

[HALButton]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=Tardis.png
ButtonCommand=PLAY [measurequote]
That is the code I have so far but i don't know how to make it look like it is materializing... So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MP
Last edited by MP2012 on January 9th, 2013, 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MP2012

Re: Tardis materializing

Post by MP2012 »

The only way I can think of doing this by is having the transparency go from 0 to like 80 then back up to like 20 then to 100 and do this all over a 12 second period... then when click again it does it backwards.. but from the week or so of searching(these forums/google/other skins) I have yet to see anything that does this... So can anyone at least let me know if it possible to do this or point me into the right direction......
MP2012

Re: Tardis materializing

Post by MP2012 »

Anyone got any good idea at least because I still have no clue where to go from here and I can't find anything relative to this on these forums, google, or bing...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Tardis materializing - Help

Post by eclectic-tech »

Since all you have is left-clicked sound, there is nothing to recommend in the way of showing the Tardis image... :confused:

What you ask is possible... but we don't create skins on request (please read this).

Being a "Doctor" fans since the 70's (gosh I'm old!) I am willing to help you if you want to try.

What you can use are 2 calc measures, one to increase (another to decrease) the alpha, a measure to toggle 2 image meters (Group=Tardis), this will showing the Tardis with each alternating low and high alpha until fully visible (255).

More than happy to help with the code if you have questions.

To get you thinking, here's code to toggle the images and a Tardis image is attached for you to play with:

Code: Select all

[mTardis]
Measure=Calc
Formula=mTardis%2+1
IfEqualValue=2
IfEqualAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup Tardis]
This will toggle the visibility of 2 image meters (with slightly different Alpha values) that are in Group=Tardis...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

This might be perfect for what you need:
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12802
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

FlyingHyrax wrote:This might be perfect for what you need:
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12802
You're right... I forgot that post contains a very similar request and conversation on how to attain it.

I just wanted to see "some" image or measure code... :confused:
MP2012

Post by MP2012 »

eclectic-tech wrote:Since all you have is left-clicked sound, there is nothing to recommend in the way of showing the Tardis image... :confused:

What you ask is possible... but we don't create skins on request (please read this).
The image is already there since it a button image... I just wanted it to fade in and out... and I didn't want anyone to make it for me, I just didn't know where to start... I'm looking at what you posted and what the link had. I will come up with something in the next few days and post it here..

Thank you both, eclectic-tech and FlyingHyrax, for pointing in the right direction as I have very little experience in rainmeter code.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

MP2012 wrote:The image is already there since it a button image...
Sorry, my oversight on the "button"... :oops:

You can control the alpha of a button image, but there are 3 "states" that will change the appearance dependent on where a user has the mouse positioned; so the effect will not be the same if the mouse is over, off, or clicked... using an image meter may be a better choice.