It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 8:17 am

Simple Math help with CoreTemp plugin VID

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Vectronic

Simple Math help with CoreTemp plugin VID

Post by Vectronic »

CoreTemp reports VID, and it reports it somewhat accurately, I'm not sure if there is a difference between VID and VCC (ie: suggested, vs. actual?) but... what I'm trying to do is this:

[MeasureVID]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=VID - 0.165

I've tried various methods of this simple equation, using Calc/Formula, etc... the closest I came was using Calc, VID * 10000 - 1650... but then couldn't figure out how to make it fractional again...

Otherwise, the result is generally 0, or 1 when any form of math is attempted, especially with Calc. (idle volts are < 1), other times it seems to report temperature of one of the cores... (37, etc) if math is attempted in the measure directly (interesting, possible useful, but not in this case)

Minor, and should be simple, thus very annoying.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Simple Math help with CoreTemp plugin VID

Post by Kaelri »

I can't test this myself (because CoreTemp doesn't provide any VID data for my processor), but this should give you what you want:

Code: Select all

[MeasureVID]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=VID

[MeasureVCC]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureVID - 0.165
Since you haven't shown us your code, I can't say what exactly is going wrong, but a few possibilities:

- [MeasureVID] is not providing a valid number value. You can use Rainmeter's About dialog to see exactly what values are being provided.

- If you are trying to display the calculated value in a string meter, you need to set a NumOfDecimals option on the meter, e.g.

Code: Select all

NumOfDecimals=5
for 5 decimal places.

(I'm also not completely sure what you mean by the "fractional" value, unless you just meant dividing by 10000 in your earlier attempt.)
Vectronic

Re: Simple Math help with CoreTemp plugin VID

Post by Vectronic »

That is (one of) the codes I used... so I'm guessing it's the decimal places thing that wasn't working.

Edit: yup... thanx.