It is currently May 1st, 2024, 6:52 pm

measures in About dialog

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
moshi

measures in About dialog

Post by moshi »

i would really love if the measures in the About dialog's Skins tab would be sorted alphabetically. it can get quite a mess if you have many measures in one skin.
fragrant.monkey

Re: measures in About dialog

Post by fragrant.monkey »

I believe they are listed in the order they appear in the skin itself. Which is logical because they are processed in that order as well, and this is important because often some measures rely on previous measures for their input or some other calculation.
Perhaps the addition of an alpha sorting option might be helpful in some cases, but I don't believe it should replace the existing 'programmatic' order.
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
moshi

Post by moshi »

no, not really the order they appear in the skin.
although this seems to be the case, you will notice that they get mixed up when there are a lot of measures. the order stays the same after a refresh. but after unloading a skin and loading it again the order can be different.

i guess the order is sorted by the time Rainmeter processes a measure, which especially with webparser measures can be completely different from the order by appearance in the skin.
fragrant.monkey

Post by fragrant.monkey »

Hmmmm... I hadn't noticed that. I suppose, as you point out, that it depends on the complexity of a given skin, and it's 'inner workings' of measure relationships.

I guess that means that all my skins that I use regularly (my own creations) are pretty simple-minded... :rofl:
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce