It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:20 am

rainmeter weather

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
batdaviant

rainmeter weather

Post by batdaviant »

Hello , guys!

Starting from today , suddenly my rainmeter weather skins are not working at all! Untill, yesterday all of them were working! I checked the weather codes and tried severad other weather skins, but all of them are not working for some reason!

They are all connected to weather.com!

any ideas , whats behind this?
UnforgivenRevival

Re: rainmeter weather

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

batdaviant wrote:Hello , guys!

Starting from today , suddenly my rainmeter weather skins are not working at all! Untill, yesterday all of them were working! I checked the weather codes and tried severad other weather skins, but all of them are not working for some reason!

They are all connected to weather.com!

any ideas , whats behind this?
My skins go through Weather.com and doesnt seem to be having any problems. Have you tried exiting Rainmeter and restarting the application?
batdaviant

Post by batdaviant »

Oh my god! I can't believe it could be such a little solution!

I did exit and restarted it and BINGO! it worked!

But I did exit out of that weather skin and reloaded it but it dint work! but when i exited the rainmeter itself, it worked!

What causes this problem?

thanks for the help!
UnforgivenRevival

batdaviant wrote:Oh my god! I can't believe it could be such a little solution!

I did exit and restarted it and BINGO! it worked!

But I did exit out of that weather skin and reloaded it but it dint work! but when i exited the rainmeter itself, it worked!

What causes this problem?

thanks for the help!
For some reason the webparser plugin can become "stuck" when refreshed fast, Causing it to not load any information. The only solution right now is to restart Rainmeter, Which cures the problem til the next time.
ScoobSTi

Post by ScoobSTi »

I was having this issue too until I tried restarting Rainmeter. I wonder if this is mentioned in the guides or FAQ?
UnforgivenRevival

ScoobSTi wrote:I was having this issue too until I tried restarting Rainmeter. I wonder if this is mentioned in the guides or FAQ?
I dont see any info in the docs about the webparser plugin, on the main Rainmeter page regarding this issue. But It could be mentioned somewhere in there, If the admins see this and want to add it in. Just a suggestion. :p
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

There are three instances that I (sorta anecdotally) see as the rare cases when WebParser hangs. The first is if you are refreshing a skin that has a WebParser measure repeatedly in a short period of time. This is generally when testing some code. The second is if for some reason your internet connection to the site (or the site itself) gets really "slow", while not failing entirely. The third is if you incorrectly set Update and UpdateRate to unreasonably low levels, so the WebParser measure is being asked to hit the site much too often.

The upshot of it is that if WebParser is repeatedly asked to hit the internet and retrieve a site over and over, while not having time to "finish" the previous requests, it can get stuck and the entire plugin dll will hang and fail to respond. Any skins using WebParser will fail.

You must restart Rainmeter to correct this. Simply unloading the skin does not unload the plugin dll file.

I will add some note of this to the WebParser documentation.