It is currently May 1st, 2024, 6:11 pm

RainMeter Not Starting

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
ipurple101

RainMeter Not Starting

Post by ipurple101 »

Hi im relatively new to this and i recently installed RainMeter when i started it up i received an error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close the application" i ran as administrator, reinstalled and used chkdsk in cmd but to no avail. So can anybody help me out here?
ipurple101

Re: RainMeter Not Starting

Post by ipurple101 »

any help? this forum seems to be dead =P
MaroonED

Post by MaroonED »

Hi ipurple101,

first check that you installed the correct version - 32 or 64 bit depending on your windows version. Then, have you installed any skins already? It's possible that one of the skins cause the crash.

MaroonED
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Can you try starting SkinInstaller.exe in the Rainmeter installation directory (usually: Program Files\Rainmeter)? Do you get the same error?

MaroonED wrote:Hi ipurple101,

first check that you installed the correct version - 32 or 64 bit depending on your windows version. Then, have you installed any skins already? It's possible that one of the skins cause the crash.

MaroonED
It's not possible to install the wrong version and no skin can cause an error like this.
ipurple101

Post by ipurple101 »

i started skininstaller.exe and i still get the same error, also installed the correct version and havent downloaded any skins yet
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Try installing the Visual C++ redistributable library from here. Then restart your computer and try running Rainmeter.
ipurple101

Post by ipurple101 »

k will do :)
ipurple101

Post by ipurple101 »

restarted pc but still get the same error :confused:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

I need you to download Dependency Walker: Important: If you installed 64-bit Rainmeter, download the 64-bit version of Dependency Walker. If you installed 32-bit Rainmeter, download the 32-bit version of Dependency Walker.

After you've downloaded the 32-bit or 64-bit version above, extract the .zip file. Then launch the extracted depends.exe application. Now, click FileOpen and then select your Rainmeter.exe file (usually in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter). Then, click ProfileStart profiling...OK. If you get any messages, simply click OK. Once that is done, click FileSave as and save the file somewhere.

You can close Dependency Walker at this point. Upload the file you just saved somewhere (e.g. http://www.sendspace.com/) and post the link here.

Thanks!
ipurple101

Post by ipurple101 »

k will do, heres the link http://www.sendspace.com/file/y0dtjt