It is currently May 1st, 2024, 7:12 am

Image stretching bug?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
fragrant.monkey

Image stretching bug?

Post by fragrant.monkey »

I noticed a couple weeks ago that I was have a slight image problem in a skin. It was subtle, so I don't really know how long it's been like this...

A simple transparent gradient png file used as a shadow to my main background image.
A 100 px high image that RM stretches to the full height of the screen (via #WORKAREAHEIGHT#).
But at the bottom the image is somehow 'cut off'. It is 'short' somehow... see picture.

I made sure it wasn't the image itself, I cropped to the center of the image so that it was only 25px high... and the 'fading out' of the stretched image became worse... became larger (taller) area of corruption. odd.

fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
smurfier

Re: Image stretching bug?

Post by smurfier »

This issue has actually been reported before by someone familiar.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with the interpolation algorithm that is used to stretch images. Perhaps it's somehow using one more pixel than the image actually has. Perhaps because somebody forgot that you count from 0 to n-1 in C++.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
fragrant.monkey

Post by fragrant.monkey »

smurfier wrote:This issue has actually been reported before by someone familiar.
Thanks very much, I've read that previous post regarding why and also for the workarounds suggested.
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce