It is currently May 17th, 2024, 12:19 pm

Cropping cover art

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
apit23

Cropping cover art

Post by apit23 »

Hi, I've lots of ideas about making a players but there some problems in achieving it.

My question is can we crop the cover art ? The only other ways to change, crop is by matrix right? But, matrix were too hard to understand for dumb person like me.Or, Is it possible to do it using lua script or is there any else ways?

Please tell me if you didn't understand my question.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Cropping cover art

Post by jsmorley »

apit23 wrote:Hi, I've lots of ideas about making a players but there some problems in achieving it.

My question is can we crop the cover art ? The only other ways to change, crop is by matrix right? But, matrix were too hard to understand for dumb person like me.Or, Is it possible to do it using lua script or is there any else ways?

Please tell me if you didn't understand my question.
Perhaps http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/meters/general-options/image-options#ImageCrop can help with this.
apit23

Post by apit23 »

yes, this require latest 2.5 rainmeter isn't it? can you you show me how the coding looks a like?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

No, that ImageCrop function has been around for a long time. It works fine with 2.4 as well.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

;Format is:
;ImageCrop=X,Y,W,H,Origin

[MeterBigImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\Laughing.jpg
;Full image

[MeterCropHorse]
Meter=Image
Y=20R
ImageCrop=-230,-200,300,300,5
;Starting at the center, move left (minus) 230 and up (minus) 200, then crop out and display 300 x 300 pixels.

[MeterCropGirl]
Meter=Image
X=20R
Y=30r
ImageCrop=100,-100,170,290,5
;Starting at the center, move right 100 and up (minus) 100, then crop out and display 170 x 290 pixels.
laughhorse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.