It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 7:33 am

help with generally using rainmeter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
0pancakesatellite7

help with generally using rainmeter

Post by 0pancakesatellite7 »

Hi, I'm fairly new to this experience and was slowly working my way through a few tutorials but then the whole website changed their layout and updated their information - and i can't figure out where's what anymore! I liked the old one better, because it actually felt like someone was talking to you, taking you through each thing in very little steps (which i definitely needed :P) can anyone give me, or guide me to, a really REALLY basic guide on how to use rainmeter please? Like i know its a platform and all that, but I'm fully stumped on how to make a skin and stuff like that. please help! thanks.
pixelreader

Re: help with generally using rainmeter

Post by pixelreader »

The way I found it easiest to learn was to get a few skins (mostly from DeviantArt) and look at the ini files and do some customizing to see how things work. Preferably simple skins not big complex ones. Simple Launcher would be a good starting point.

There is also this new program in beta that is supposed to be for new users called RainPad you may want to look at.

If your having trouble finding stuff on the new docs I suggest using the search box on the left.
Mordasius

Re: help with generally using rainmeter

Post by Mordasius »

pixelreader wrote:There is also this new program in beta that is supposed to be for new users called RainPad you may want to look at.
Before diving into Rainpad, I suggest you read a few of the comments over on this post. It may not be the best of starting points in its current form.

I think you'd be better off starting with Sublime Text and the Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package or Notepad++ with RainLexer and Rainsend.

Either way, you'll get some help with valid syntax and reminders of the options available for various measures and meters. There are still some basic tutorials at the end of the Getting Started section in the new Rainmeter manual.