It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 10:57 am

X Y string position based up on other measure value

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
atuum

X Y string position based up on other measure value

Post by atuum »

I want to change my X position if some measure have "one" inside it (the number)
But can't find any "contains" for the syntax here
Can you guide me to the right way?
Mordasius

Re: X Y string position based up on other measure value

Post by Mordasius »

I suspect you could use Substitute to get the X position. It would help if you gave us some idea of the range and format of number values you are expecting from the measure you want to use to change the X value..
atuum

Post by atuum »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[TimeMeasure]
Measure=Time
Format=%S

[TimeText]
Meter=String
MeasureName=TimeMeasure
X=5
Y=5
W=100
H=25
FontColor=255,255,255,255
Text="Seconds: %1"
Simple example. How to change X position of string if TimeMeasure returns "1" inside of it? And change it back if there is no "1" inside TimeMeasure
To make it clearer I mean all numbers with 1 inside.. like 21;12;11;41;15 etc.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

atuum wrote:To make it clearer I mean all numbers with 1 inside.. like 21;12;11;41;15 etc.
Something like this might work:

[Variables]
XposOnes=111
XposNoOnes=0

[TimeMeasure]
Measure=Time
Format=%S
Substitute="01":"#XposOnes#", "10":"#XposOnes#", "11":"#XposOnes#", "12":"#XposOnes#", "13":"#XposOnes#", "14":"#XposOnes#", "15":"#XposOnes#", "16":"#XposOnes#", "17":"#XposOnes#", "18":"#XposOnes#", "19":"#XposOnes#", "21":"#XposOnes#","31":"#XposOnes#", "41":"#XposOnes#", "51":"#XposOnes#"
DynamicVariables=1 

[ChangeXpos]
Measure=Calc
Formula=([TimeMeasure]*1)
IfBelowValue=#XposOnes#
IfBelowAction=[!SetVariable  Xpos #XposNoOnes#]
IfEqualValue=#XposOnes#
IfEqualAction=[!SetVariable  Xpos #XposOnes#]
DynamicVariables=1 
You'll need to change XposOnes=111 and XposNoOnes=0 to the values you want then you can use [ChangeXpos] to set the X position based on the seconds with and without '1's in them.

EDIT2: I knew there would be a neater Substitute= way (like that provided by Kaelri below).

EDIT3: Carrying on as usual one step behind everyone else :)
Last edited by Mordasius on November 12th, 2012, 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^[^1]*$":"#No#","(.*)1(.*)":"#Yes#"
#No# represents the value if there is no "1" character in the string, and #Yes# represents the value if "1" is found. These both need to be actual numbers in the final formula.

The catch is that the "No" value cannot contain a "1" character itself, because then it will be matched by the second substitute rule (as if there was a "1" in the original value). That means if you want, say, X=10 or X=21 when there is no "1", you'll have to work around this a little bit. The cleanest example would be to use a conditional in your formula:

RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^[^1]*$":"0","(.*)1(.*)":"1"

X=([TimeMeasure] = 1 ? #Yes# : #No#)
EDIT: Sorry, Mordasius, you must have edited your post while I was writing this. Your solution works, but it would still have the issue with #XposOnes# being potentially matched by the other conditions.

EDIT 2: Although I guess that doesn't really matter in this case, since it will be replaced with itself. Nevermind, carry on. :)
atuum

Post by atuum »

Thank you all for your time! Maybe I will stop modifying my skin.. pretty satisfied with the result, but most important I'm don't understand anything already :D