It is currently May 18th, 2024, 12:11 am

Config Groups

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ChaiFox

Config Groups

Post by ChaiFox »

I'm trying to follow this tutorial (http://dexpot.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3936) to get different Rainmeter skins on different desktops. However I have no idea how to make a config group and the manual for groups doesn't help me at all. Can someone please tell me how to create a config group.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Config Groups

Post by eclectic-tech »

A config group is simply a name you can assign to any skin, meter, or measure that allows you to control them all at one time.

For any skin, say if I wanted to setup a group called Desk1, I can do that by adding Group=Desk1 under the [Rainmeter] section at the top of the skin(s) ini file, saving it, and refreshing all. Now I can hide or show ALL skin with the GROUP set to Desk1 with
LeftMouseUpAction=!HideGroup Desk1 or LeftMouseUpAction=!ShowGroup Desk1...

Grouping is simply assigning a skin, meter, or measure to the same group name by adding the text Group={groupname-you-create} to the skin (in the [Rainmeter] section) or by adding that line in the meter or measure to control those parts of the skin.

There is some help with Dexpot and Rainmeter at this POST

It has been awhile since I used Dexpot, but I did get it working, the downside is that you have to edit the VDMconfig.ini to tell Dexpot every skin you want on each desktop; you cannot tell it to use Layouts AFAIK; but grouping can simplify this somewhat. The VDMConfig.ini is a text file created by the RainDexer plugin in Dexpot. Links are in the post above...

If you still need help after following the instructions and viewing the post, feel free to ask.