It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 3:11 am

Using and installing single Rainmeter apps?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Pesti1ence

Using and installing single Rainmeter apps?

Post by Pesti1ence »

(Not sure if this is in the right section or if a thread has already been made).

I'm really liking Rainmeter so far but I'm still the lowest level of novice when it comes to utilizing Rainmeter to it's full potential. My first goal was to install a facebook notifications application to Illustro (Seeing if I could simply add-on specific applications to a pre-existing interface).

Wasn't as simple as just making a new file and copying & pasting. I was wanting to know if this is possible, and if there is an easy to follow tutorial that has been made that might read and demonstrate how to add little applications like such to your interface if it does happen to be.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Using and installing single Rainmeter apps?

Post by Kaelri »

The simple answer to your question is "yes." Rainmeter allows you to choose which individual "skins" you want to appear on your desktop, even if they come from different sources, or are part of a multiple-skin package like illustro.

I would recommend reading the Getting Started guide in the manual, if you haven't already done so. The Creating Skins part of this guide will walk you through the first steps of creating and customizing a new skin from scratch.