It is currently May 17th, 2024, 3:34 am

Print Screen Bang?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ScoobSTi

Print Screen Bang?

Post by ScoobSTi »

Is there such thing as one? I've searched around and all I could find is the Dextop and the virtual desktop plugins. Would making a print screen bang require these plugins, or is there a simpler way?
JoBu

Re: Print Screen Bang?

Post by JoBu »

I like this question.

2nd'ed.

?
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

no, there is none.
why should there be one? Rainmeter is for displaying information, not for taking screenshots.

do a Google search for screenshot command line. there are plenty of tools that will do what you have in mind.
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

The question was, is there a way to use Rainmeter to take screen shots... I would think there is a shell command or a script we could fire from RM, but I think the OP was asking if it's already a function. No, it is not. Would it be worth considering to the Devs? Maybe. How else do you show off the fancy Rainmeter Desktop you have, if not by taking screen shots?

Building out a bang in RM is easy enough. Might be a good idea to have an easy to add button as a standard option.

Rainmeter is a great tool for customization... we all know that it isn't a replacement for the OS Shell. But adding functionality is almost always a good thing. Certainly worth considering, imho.

//JoBu
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

What's so hard about hitting the print screen button on your keyboard?
Or Alt+PrintScreen to get the current window (including Rainmeter "windows") ?

-Brian
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I recommend using boxcutter as an addon. It's only 500 kB, and you can run it with command line parameters:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Addons\boxcutter.exe" -f]
-- Copies the full screen to the clipboard.

LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Addons\boxcutter.exe" -f "#CURRENTPATH#screenshot.png"]
-- Saves the full screen to a file.
Given the availability of hundreds of similar tools, I'm not sure we gain much by adding this to Rainmeter as a built-in function. I would not oppose it, however.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Windows 8 even has the win+print screen hot key option for taking a screen shot.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
ScoobSTi

Post by ScoobSTi »

I wasn't asking for a whole new bang like "LeftMouseUpAction=!Screenshot" or something like that, I wanted to know if there was a .exe or script that takes screenshots when you press Print Screen.

If there was a path to it, I would write the LeftMouseUpAction to that path, so that it would easily take a screenshot of the desktop.

I should've been more clear. :)
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

actually that is impossible as Rainmeter does not accept keystrokes.

if you want to lauch it with a mouseclick, there are plenty. just try a few and see which you like best. maybe you already have such a tool installed. NirCmd or IrfanView for example.