It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:49 pm

Refresh skin issues

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
mr. bubbles

Refresh skin issues

Post by mr. bubbles »

Edit: I realize this may be in the wrong sub-forum for skins. But, also curious if there is a rainmeter application-wide solution.

Hello,

So I am a bit new to rainmeter, but have done a fair amount of searching and got my setup almost exactly how I want it--except for one small issue, the refresh rate of skins. My RSS feed and gmail refresh at some interval (not sure exact) that is larger than I would prefer. I've checked out the "Update" parameter under [Rainmeter] in a few of the skins that says 1000, which to me would mean one second, but it's definitely not fetching RSS feeds at that rate. Am I looking at the wrong variable location?

In my searches, I found snippets of code to manually refresh (like the one below), but that seems redundant on top of the Update command. So, I think I'm missing something. Also, the code below would have to be copied into each skin. Is there a global rainmeter update / refresh rate setting somewhere?

Code: Select all

[cCounter]
Measure=Calc
Formula=cCounter+1
IfAboveValue=300
IfAboveAction=!Refresh
Thanks!
Mordasius

Re: Refresh skin issues

Post by Mordasius »

See UpdateRate on the Webparser page or the Update Guide in the Rainmeter manual.
mr. bubbles

Re: Refresh skin issues

Post by mr. bubbles »

Mordasius wrote:See UpdateRate on the Webparser page or the Update Guide in the Rainmeter manual.
Exactly what I was looking for; thanks.