It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 5:29 am

Newbie with a couple questions

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
9tailedfox

Newbie with a couple questions

Post by 9tailedfox »

I've tried using Rainmeter before, but never really did too much with it. I mainly used it as just a monitor for cpu temp, network use etc. I have an idea how I want my desktop to look, but no clue how to get there.

1. Is it possible to make an "icon" that will un-hide or generate shortcuts when you click on it? I want to clear the clutter off my desktop and haven't been able to find a dock or other program that does what I want. I want to have a few icons at the top of my screen, click on one and it'll bring up the icons associated with it.

2. Is it possible to set text color to "negative mode?" I let windows rotate my wallpaper, and I have a bunch of different colored backgrounds. I would prefer not having bars going down the sides of my screen if I can help it.

I could use meters etc from another theme, my main concern is whether I can hide my icons or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FoxyXII

Re: Newbie with a couple questions

Post by FoxyXII »

I'm very new to programming with Rainmeter, but...

1. This is possible. I cannot help in how it's done, but http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/89591 is a skin that displays icons after you click one.

2. Could you try using transparency by changing the alpha? See here http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/89591 referred as !setTransparency
Sinon

Re: Newbie with a couple questions

Post by Sinon »

9tailedfox wrote:I've tried using Rainmeter before, but never really did too much with it. I mainly used it as just a monitor for cpu temp, network use etc. I have an idea how I want my desktop to look, but no clue how to get there.

1. Is it possible to make an "icon" that will un-hide or generate shortcuts when you click on it? I want to clear the clutter off my desktop and haven't been able to find a dock or other program that does what I want. I want to have a few icons at the top of my screen, click on one and it'll bring up the icons associated with it.

2. Is it possible to set text color to "negative mode?" I let windows rotate my wallpaper, and I have a bunch of different colored backgrounds. I would prefer not having bars going down the sides of my screen if I can help it.

I could use meters etc from another theme, my main concern is whether I can hide my icons or not.
Hide your windows icons? Not sure

As far as Rainmeter icons, i'd Imagine the code would be

Code: Select all

leftmouseupaction=!toggle sometheme\someskin