It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 7:45 am

SubSkin Data

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
bill98

SubSkin Data

Post by bill98 »

I'm sure this must be covered somewhere. I want to activate the same subskin many times, but with different values for the variables. I can do this with a separate copy of the skin, new Include statement, and variables.txt file. Isn't there an easier way?
Brian
Developer

Re: SubSkin Data

Post by Brian »

bill98 wrote:I'm sure this must be covered somewhere. I want to activate the same subskin many times, but with different values for the variables. I can do this with a separate copy of the skin, new Include statement, and variables.txt file. Isn't there an easier way?
There is not an easier way that I can think of. An alternative (but a harder way of achieving this) is to make one gigantic skin that contains all the information you want in one skin. But I don't think I would do that.

-Brian
bill98

Re: SubSkin Data

Post by bill98 »

I was hoping there was some "easy" way to define the new variables in the parent skin, or change/redefine the variables.txt file/name of the variables.txt file from the parent skin, or maybe change a variable name in the subskin from the parent skin. Changing the subskin variable name from the parent skin would probably be the easiest, IF Possible.