It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 4:24 pm

Need help with weather/RSS skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cenovis21

Need help with weather/RSS skins

Post by cenovis21 »

Hi everyone,

Im new with rainmeter and having some difficulties with weather and RSS skins. Ive downloaded/reinstall/refresh several weather/RSS skins but they both arent working for me.

I have followed the instructions and change the 8 digit location but the weather panel is always blank, not even showing the city/country. The url measure are also already in xml instead of xoap which fixed the problem for some people but not me :(

Same thing with the RSS, I checked the link and path everything is fine but it never showed anything on the panel.

Guys if any of you can shed some light into this would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help with weather/RSS skins

Post by eclectic-tech »

For starters, try JS Morley's webparser traffic light tester to see if rainmeter is able to talk to the web...

If not, you may need to check or change firewall, antiV, or proxy settings to allow rainmeter to access the web...
You could use the RainEnv program on that same page (above) to post info to help solve your problem.
cenovis21

Re: Need help with weather/RSS skins

Post by cenovis21 »

eclectic-tech wrote:For starters, try JS Morley's webparser traffic light tester to see if rainmeter is able to talk to the web...

If not, you may need to check or change firewall, antiV, or proxy settings to allow rainmeter to access the web...
You could use the RainEnv program on that same page (above) to post info to help solve your problem.

It seems like you said its not connecting to the web. I will look into this when I get home from work later. Thank you for the help!