It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:31 am

Help with Icon Packs

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
arb11003

Help with Icon Packs

Post by arb11003 »

I am very new to rainmeter. I wanted to change the icons on the task bar and also center them. I downloaded ecqlipse 2 icon pack but I dont actually know how to use it with rainmeter. Does anybody know how to change the icons using that icon pack?
Alex Becherer

Re: Help with Icon Packs

Post by Alex Becherer »

Rainmeter is a tool for displaying information on your desktop.

it does not change your icons. how to apply icons depends on which icons you want to change and which version of Windows you use.

Rainmeter has nothing to do with your taskbar. actually there is no such thing as a "centered taskbar" but you can make it look centered though. more info here: http://duckduckgo.com/?q=center+windows+taskbar
FadeRhythms

Post by FadeRhythms »

To change an icon on your taskbar pin whatever program you want to change the icon of to your taskbar or start menu and go to

C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.
or
C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu

depending on which you pin the program to. You then drag and drop the program from that file window to your desktop, and right click, select properties, and "Change Icon", you then find the icon in the window that pops up, and select, press ok. Now drag and drop the program from your desktop back to your taskbar. And you're done. However for it to take effect, you need to restart "explorer.exe" to do this, right click your taskbar, select "Start Task Manager" and under the processes tab look for "explorer.exe" click on it and on the bottom right of the window click End Process, your taskbar should disappear. Now still in task manager, on the top left click File, and select "New Task (Run...)" and type in "explorer" press ok. Your taskbar should reappear with the custom icon. Also, you can not change the icon of certain programs such as, Skype, MS Word (and other Microsoft products). Because, I am not certain here, but these applications do not send you to a .exe file, they send you to the installer i believe, so you cannot change the icon. At least I can't, I have heard of it working for other people. Anyways, I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, ask :)
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

To change taskbar icons you can use 7Conifier.
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons