It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:35 pm

disabling a particular skin when an action is triggered

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
WeddingNails

disabling a particular skin when an action is triggered

Post by WeddingNails »

Hello. I have installed a skin which takes a portion of the screen and uses it like a "hover space": every time you hover, a box pops up with certain information. I've experience some problems with this skin because when I'm playing in full screen, it still triggers this action causing my game to minimize and to go to the desktop (which make me lose lol).

What I'm looking for is a way to disable this particular skin while im playing (game is open in full screen).

Is this even possible? thank you! :D
Kaelri
Developer

Re: disabling a particular skin when an action is triggered

Post by Kaelri »

The easiest way would be to simply close Rainmeter while you're playing the game.

Alternatively, it should be fairly easy to add a button to the skin that you can click to disable the mouseover action.

Code: Select all

[DisableButton]
Meter=String
Text=Disable Mouseover
LeftMouseUpAction=...

As a third way, if you really want to make the process automatic, you could use Rainmeter's Process plugin to detect when a particular full-screen application is running. Example:

Code: Select all

[MeasureProcess]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=WoW.exe
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=...
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=...
Since you haven't provided either the code or a link to the skin you're using, I can't tell you specifically what actions are needed to enable or disable the effect. I can refer you to the Rainmeter 101 beginner tutorials, and the manual.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

WeddingNails

Post by WeddingNails »

Thanks for the quick replies!

I really want to make the process automatic, like Kaelri said. But that's still a bit limited as you have to specify a game path, and I'd like to disable that hovering function for every game and then reenable automatically when I quit the game. The skin I'm using which has this option is this one. Thank you!
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

WeddingNails wrote:Thanks for the quick replies!

I really want to make the process automatic, like Kaelri said. But that's still a bit limited as you have to specify a game path, and I'd like to disable that hovering function for every game and then reenable automatically when I quit the game. The skin I'm using which has this option is this one. Thank you!
Did you have any success with the RainGame utility that jsmorley linked to?
WeddingNails

Post by WeddingNails »

Kaelri wrote: Did you have any success with the RainGame utility that jsmorley linked to?
I tried it, but it is basically the same as closing rainmeter and opening it again after playing. Thank you both though, I see that what I'm trying to do is a little bit harder than I thought.