It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 6:35 am

'Edit Skins' Button

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Psycho__Ryan

'Edit Skins' Button

Post by Psycho__Ryan »

So I started up my computer today and decided I wanted to change the colors of the skin I'm using, and for some reason I can't get the edit button to work! Everything else is fine, but absolutely nothing happens when I click 'Edit Skin.' Any thoughts or suggestions?
Also, I hope this is the right place to put this, I didn't see any other thread on this topic.
Alex Becherer

Re: 'Edit Skins' Button

Post by Alex Becherer »

do you mean the "Edit" button in the "Manage" dialog?
or the "Edit skin" context menu entry?
or are you talking about a button that is only in this specific skin?

i guess you already tried quitting Rainmeter and starting it again?
Psycho__Ryan

Post by Psycho__Ryan »

Both. Yes I tried closing and opening rainmeter, and it's a problem for every one of my themes. Even illustrio.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Psycho__Ryan wrote:Both. Yes I tried closing and opening rainmeter, and it's a problem for every one of my themes. Even illustrio.
You need to check the association in Windows for the .ini file extension. Make sure it is associated with Notepad.exe or other text editor of your choice.

While you are at it, you should do the same for .inc and .lua to make editing those files in Rainmeter easier as well.
Psycho__Ryan

Post by Psycho__Ryan »

Yeah, I am not tech savvy at all. I'll try that though. Time to hit the search engines!

EDIT: Search engines have proved fruitless. Thoughts? Tips? Link to a How-To?
EDIT2: Ok, so I downloaded a new skin and for some strange reason that fixed the problem.