It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 6:35 am

Make my skin display my external IP Adress

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fumblemuffin

Make my skin display my external IP Adress

Post by fumblemuffin »

I downloaded a skin that I like, but i want to add in a display of my external Ip address, and I am unfamiliar with how to edit skins via code and such. If someone could give me the block of text required for this, and tell me where to put it that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Brian
Developer

Re: Make my skin display my external IP Adress

Post by Brian »

fumblemuffin wrote:I downloaded a skin that I like, but i want to add in a display of my external Ip address, and I am unfamiliar with how to edit skins via code and such.
This should give you a start:

Code: Select all

[MeasureExtIP]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=21600
Url=http://checkip.dyndns.org
RegExp="(?siU)Address: (.*)</body>"
StringIndex=1

[MeterExtIP]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureExtIP
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
FontColor=255,255,255,255
Text=External IP: %1
fumblemuffin wrote:If someone could give me the block of text required for this, and tell me where to put it that would be greatly appreciated.
Since you did not provide any code, I can't exactly tell you where to place this code. It doesn't matter where you place the measure, but you will have to choose where to place the meter. You will also probably have to add a X and Y to the meter to get it where you want in your skin. Here is some more information on the string meter.

Also, you should probably read through Rainmeter101 to get a better feel for Rainmeter code.

-Brian