It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 10:56 am

Adding more launchers in Enigma + icon

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Aesthete18

Adding more launchers in Enigma + icon

Post by Aesthete18 »

Hello, I just got Rainmeter and I'm enjoying it. But for the Enigma skin I'm having a little problem with the launchers. Is there a proper way to add more launchers? A few guides I found (even one with a patch for 26 launchers) needs access to a folder called "uservariables" but I don't seem to have that folder.

I have figured out a way to add new launchers, it's a bit of a hassle but I don't mind. It's basically copy/paste/rename launcher 5. The problem with this though, is that I don't know how to add icon for it as launcher 6 doesn't appear on the options skin. Is there a manual way to add the icon?

Can someone help me with this?
Aesthete18

Re: Adding more launchers in Enigma + icon

Post by Aesthete18 »

Okay I've figured it out. If anyone is having trouble with this. Just go to C:\documents and settings\user\my documents\rainmeter\skins\enigma\sidebar\launcher, then copy and paste one of the launchers and rename it launcher 6. Open the .ini file you want to use, the things you'll want to change here are:

App (e.g. Chrome)
AppPath (e.g. AppPath=C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe)
AppLabel (e.g. Google) <--- this is only if you want a label under the name, it's not necessary.
AppIcon (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Enigma\@Resources\Images\Launcher\chromewhite.png)

That's all. Now right click on the Enigma icon tray (located at the right corner where the time is) and click refresh all. Now go to how you would normally add a launcher and the 6th launcher will be there.

If anyone can tell me how to increase the size of the launchers I'd really appreciate it.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I replied to your post in Enigma Support, but you seem to have gotten there on your own. :)
Aesthete18 wrote:If anyone can tell me how to increase the size of the launchers I'd really appreciate it.
The taskbar skins' format and layout can be edited in Enigma\@Resources\Styles\Enigma Dark\TaskbarCommon.inc.
Aesthete18

Post by Aesthete18 »

Sorry about the double post, the look of my unfinished desktop was driving me nuts, so I had to try and satisfy the OCD in me :P

Thank you for the layout location. Now that I know where it is, I'll try to figure out the rest.

Btw, great skin you've created. Much more user-friendly compared to the others I have used, aside from the little learning I had to do which is fine. May I suggest for your next skin or next version, you include a skin for the Windows default taskbar. I know that RocketDock provides that but I don't like to load or for that matter download another program just for that. Not sure if your taskbar could replace the Windows one. I'll play around with it and see. Anyways, Thank you again.