It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 12:32 am

Weather not loading forcast

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Eminent

Weather not loading forcast

Post by Eminent »

I've been messing with this skin and got it to load the city/state info, but wont load the forecast, any help would be appreciated thnx , im uploading the weather file (all config files no graphics wont upload that big for some reason)if someone can take a look at it thnx .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sheh007

Re: Weather not loading forcast

Post by Sheh007 »

we got the same problem
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

The skin seems to try to parse a website that's not really intended to be parsed. It tries to get information from the website html code rather than a fixed format like an rss feed. I'm pretty sure the website was changed since that skin was created, meaning the weather skin won't work any more because it can't find the weather info on the page any more.

I can't really help you with this, as I don't know any russian, but you'd have to change the RegExp of the WebParser measures to make the skin work again (until the website's layout is changed again).

I think it would be better to get weather info from another source that provides information in a format that's not changing (like xml, rss or something like that).
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Eminent

Post by Eminent »

OK sounds good, thank you for that info, i have a weather skin on it now, so all use it for now..thnks