It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:19 pm

Deploying Rainmeter and skin via GPO/VBS

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
viewtiful

Deploying Rainmeter and skin via GPO/VBS

Post by viewtiful »

Hello,

Has anyone managed to deploy or do a fully automated install of Rainmeter with a custom skin? I essentially want to be able to run the installer either via Group Policy or a script, and then for it to install the main rainmeter app, and a skin I have put together. And then to set that skin as the default.

From what I can see there is no way of setting the default skin using the command line switches, any suggestions on how I could go about this?

Thanks
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Deploying Rainmeter and skin via GPO/VBS

Post by MerlinTheRed »

You can set which skins are active via editing Rainmeter.ini (the file which is accessible via the "Edit Settings" option in the context menu of the Rainmeter tray icon). Active skins have Active=1, inactive skins have Active=0. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to write a small script that re-writes the file to contain only the skins you want to be active, with all of the settings you want them to have (click-through, position, snap to edges, etc.).
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Deploying Rainmeter and skin via GPO/VBS

Post by Kaelri »

When you create a ".rmskin" installer package for a skin, you have the option to include a "theme" that is applied when the skin is installed. (A "theme" in Rainmeter is a saved layout of skins on the desktop.) So if you simply install Rainmeter, then the skin package in succession, you'll achieve what you're going for.

I'm not certain whether the skin installer can be run with switches. Someone else will have to weigh in on that.