It is currently May 4th, 2024, 3:54 am

weather.com location information

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
wpalmer

weather.com location information

Post by wpalmer »

Hi there,

I've been playing about with a weather skin that uses weather.com URLs and I was wondering if it was possible to pull back the Location *name* into a measure to display on the skin. I have a long commute and like to have two weather skins on my desktop, one for my home location and one for where I work. I have both location codes both widgets working just fine - However, I can't find any examples of skins displaying the location name as returned by the weather.com calls!

I realise I could use a simple string to show the location but that seems a bit defeatist to me and I'd also like to publish the skin at some point so having to 'hard code' the location name isn't overly tidy IMHO.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
W
Alex Becherer

Re: weather.com location information

Post by Alex Becherer »

so you just copied and pasted the code of another skin without really knowing how the webparser plugin works?

either have a look here to learn about the plugin:
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-WebParser_beta

or: use a skin as base that has the info you want. there are plenty of them at deviantart or custo
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

The xml you get from the url that the most weather.com skins use has the location info in it. You just need to tweak the regular expression that parses the data a little. You can use RainRegExp to make this easier,
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

wpalmer wrote:I have both location codes both widgets working just fine - However, I can't find any examples of skins displaying the location name as returned by the weather.com calls
It should be fairly easy to add the 'Location' for each skin. Just let us know what skin you are using.
VClouds

Post by VClouds »

wpalmer wrote:I can't find any examples of skins displaying the location name as returned by the weather.com calls!
I think this is what your looking for :sly: :