It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 4:57 am

8bar notifcation question.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
coalminer071

8bar notifcation question.

Post by coalminer071 »

Hi i was wondering if theres a way to have windows 7 notification appear on 8bar itself.
also when i try to full screen folders/browser the bottom of my screen shows 8 bar, is there a way to make it so the browser/folder is enlarged all over the screen. Thanks
thatsIch

Re: 8bar notifcation question.

Post by thatsIch »

coalminer071

Post by coalminer071 »

thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Have you tried writing the author?
He might help you better
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

coalminer071 wrote:Hi i was wondering if theres a way to have windows 7 notification appear on 8bar itself.
no. Rainmeter has no access to the notification area at all.
actually the only application that does the Windows 7 system tray right is the tray module of the SharpE shell.
there is a little tool that might be interesting for you though: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/84802

coalminer071 wrote: also when i try to full screen folders/browser the bottom of my screen shows 8 bar, is there a way to make it so the browser/folder is enlarged all over the screen. Thanks
i can only guess why this happens.
first have a look if there is a line like:

Code: Select all

DesktopWorkArea=xx,xx,xx,xx
in your Rainmeter.ini file. if there is such a line just comment it and refresh Rainmeter.

but i guess you have a tool running that hides your taskbar. you should have set it to auto-hide, before you use this tool.
coalminer071

Post by coalminer071 »

Alex Becherer wrote: no. Rainmeter has no access to the notification area at all.
actually the only application that does the Windows 7 system tray right is the tray module of the SharpE shell.
there is a little tool that might be interesting for you though: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/84802

i can only guess why this happens.
first have a look if there is a line like:

Code: Select all

DesktopWorkArea=xx,xx,xx,xx
in your Rainmeter.ini file. if there is such a line just comment it and refresh Rainmeter.

but i guess you have a tool running that hides your taskbar. you should have set it to auto-hide, before you use this tool.
Thanks so much for ur reply. Very useful. Im using rocket dock right now and when i have windows explorer minimized it doesnt go to the rocket dock. do you know the reason?
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

no.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

coalminer071 wrote: Im using rocket dock right now and when i have windows explorer minimized it doesnt go to the rocket dock. do you know the reason?
Minimizing 64-bit Explorer doesn't work with Rocketdock because of something to do with 32-bit only hooking which is the same application range as GDI++ on 64-bit systems (whatever that means). However, Bongo on the SevenForums says minimizing does work with Winstep Nexus Dock which I believe is an off-shoot of Rocketdock.
UnforgivenRevival

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

I have used Winstep Nexus Dock for the past year, After using Rocket Dock for a few months. Nexus seems to have ALOT more options and is more reliable with windows minimizing. That is definitely the way to go.