It is currently September 30th, 2024, 1:34 am

BitmapTransitionFrames

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Ionstorm

BitmapTransitionFrames

Post by Ionstorm »

I am new to programming in Rainmeter and I am designing a new skin. I have decided to use a multi-state image in the CPU & Ram meters. I decided to go with more images in the animation, "27" to be exact, to make it more seamless because these meters are constantly moving and it will save size on the file to keep from using so many image files like weather skins typically do. The image I developed is a PNG with a translucent background. I hope that will work.

I was told to use "BitmapTransitionFrames " in my coding but I need to see some good examples of working skins that use multi-state images. Can someone point me in the right direction to a working skin so that I can see this coding for myself and see how they applied it's use?

I did some coding in Sysmetrix in the past and this type of file was typically used the those meters.

Thank you in advance!
Ionstorm
thatsIch

Re: BitmapTransitionFrames

Post by thatsIch »

In the Manual [1] you'll find sufficient examples to all applications of rainmeter.
Here you need the information on Bitmaps [2]. Click on the link on the bottom to look up the examples.

---
[1] http://rainmeter.net/ManualBeta.htm
[2] http://rainmeter.net/cms/Meters-Bitmap_beta
Ionstorm

Post by Ionstorm »

I am not trying to be rude right off the bat but don't you think I am smart enough to look at the manual BEFORE I posted here. I want to see some actual skins. Actual skins with working multi-state images. I seen those examples before posting here. They were not helpful.

Please someone direct me to a working skin.

Thank you!
Ionstorm
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ionstorm wrote:I am not trying to be rude right off the bat but don't you think I am smart enough to look at the manual BEFORE I posted here. I want to see some actual skins. Actual skins with working multi-state images. I seen those examples before posting here. They were not helpful.

Please someone direct me to a working skin.

Thank you!
Ionstorm
I don't know of any skins that currently use BitampTransitionFrames, as it is a pretty difficult thing to get working right, (mostly just a lot of work creating the bitmap "filmstrip" image) and really is of use in limited cases.

However here is a thread where some more detailed explanation of how it all works took place.

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=76493#p76493
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

i am not even sure wether you really want to use BitmapTransitionFrames or just normal Bitmap meters. Sysmetrix did not have transitions if i remember correctly.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Hey Ionstorm.. how about a rewind?

What exactly do you want to do? It's not clear what you mean by a "multi-state image in the CPU & Ram meters" and how this relates to "using so many image files like weather skins typically do".

I'm sure someone will be able to help you if you explain what you want to do a little more clearly.
Ionstorm

Post by Ionstorm »

Yes, they used them typically in the weather. I spent all day yesterday creating the image in Photoshop. Slicing away at the image and then building it up saving it as I combined everything. Because of the unusual size it had to be done this way. Made two. A transparent background and a white background. I slept good last night! I am sending my file to show my work. I will also upload a file used by Sysmetrix to show the images. I still think BitmapTransitionFrames is the best way to show off this type of file.

Thank You,
Ionstorm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Sorry Mate, but I still don't understand what you are trying to do. What Measure is driving the Meter that displays (parts of) the bitmap image?

Weather icons are probably only going to change at intervals of 30 minutes or more so why would you need to have a sub-second transformation? Perhaps you need a transitional fade but even that seems to be a little bit of an overkill on the change between current or forecast weather icons.
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

you want a regular bitmap meter.
there is no transition in these strips.
Sysmetrix did not have transitions.

Code: Select all

[MeterCPU]
Meter=Bitmap
MeasureName=MeasureCPU
X=0
Y=0
BitmapImage=nums.png
BitmapFrames=27
Ionstorm

Post by Ionstorm »

Sysmetrix used Multi-State images all the time. The image attachment above came directly out of a Sysmetrix file.