It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:09 pm

Rainmeter, Music player?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
puppyluv

Rainmeter, Music player?

Post by puppyluv »

I just recently got rainmeter and I want to install this skin I have but its for a music player

how do I get the music player ap to come up?

:great:
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter, Music player?

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Hi and welcome to the Rainmeter forum.

In order for us to help you, we need to know what skin exactly you are talking about. Rainmeter offers infinite possibilities, which means most of the time we have to take a look at the skin before we can say anything about it. It would also be helpful to know what music player you are using.

Without looking at any skin I can say this:

Rainmeter itself doesn't play music. It can merely act as a remote-control for a music player that you have running in the background. Most of the time, you need to configure the skin to control the music player you want. Most skins include some kind of "Variables" file that you can open with a text editor like notepad. Normally you can make all relevant settings by editing this file. Some more sophisticated skins come with a separate skin that allows you to configure it comfortably without using any text editors.

I'd try to find this "Variables" file in your skins folder (Documents/Rainmeter/Skins/NameOfYourSkin) and open it in notepad, then try to find a setting that's called "PlayerName" or "MusicPlayer" or something similar and change the value of this setting to the music player you want to use (Winamp, iTunes, WMP are popular options, see here for a full list: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta#playerlist).

It could also be that the skin is written using an old plugin that only works for iTunes. In that case, you're stuck with that.

If none of this helps, post a link to where you got your skin and we can take a closer look.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!