It is currently September 20th, 2024, 3:43 am

Hey there, decided to finally introduce myself.

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Xi.Cynx

Hey there, decided to finally introduce myself.

Post by Xi.Cynx »

Hello,

My name is Jake, but I go by Xi.Cynx on the interwebz. I am into graphics designing as well as level creation. Rainmeter has sparked my interest now for quite some time and I have learned how to use it quite well. There is still a lot more I need to learn but would LOVE to become a vital part of this community. I do not know many coding languages, the main one I associate myself with is HTML(currently learning HTML5). Rainmeter seems like a very interesting language to learn, although the initial manual for it really doesn't give a good explanation of what each thing does. Hopefully there will be a nice overhaul to the manual which will give a better overall experience to new users who haven't been using Rainmeter since the early betas. Thanks for everyone reading, have a good one! :great:

Regards,
Jake
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...said the rapist

Main Rig: i7 4770k | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | EVGA GTX 780 | Nexus 5000
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Hey there, decided to finally introduce myself.

Post by Kaelri »

Welcome to the community. :) You're starting out the way most of us did; I only knew a little HTML and PHP when I discovered Rainmeter. The nature of skins makes it pretty easy to learn through practice and experimentation, so the best advice I can give you is to get your hands dirty, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

As for the manual, you'll be glad to know that we are already working on a significant revision. :)
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

That's really nice to hear. Let me know if you need beta testers ;)
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Xi.Cynx

Post by Xi.Cynx »

Awesome! Glad to hear that there is a good revision going around. I'm sure this will help all of us in our pursue to make the best possible skins. I'm surprised the forums are not more active then they are. I figured there would be loads of discussion regarding new ideas and comments on what other people have already made. Of course, I am a part of one of the largest technology sites on the web, so I shouldn't expect something that is not as widely used to be as popular as a basic technology website. :p Sometimes I feel like if I reply to to many topics it will make me look like I am trying to spam the forums, but rest assured that is not my intentions. So I will keep my activity to a nice crawl unless you don't mind me going hog wild. :thumbup:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...said the rapist

Main Rig: i7 4770k | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | EVGA GTX 780 | Nexus 5000
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Xi.Cynx wrote:Awesome! Glad to hear that there is a good revision going around. I'm sure this will help all of us in our pursue to make the best possible skins. I'm surprised the forums are not more active then they are. I figured there would be loads of discussion regarding new ideas and comments on what other people have already made. Of course, I am a part of one of the largest technology sites on the web, so I shouldn't expect something that is not as widely used to be as popular as a basic technology website. :p Sometimes I feel like if I reply to to many topics it will make me look like I am trying to spam the forums, but rest assured that is not my intentions. So I will keep my activity to a nice crawl unless you don't mind me going hog wild. :thumbup:
Go nuts.. The only thing we ask is that folks don't join up and go grave digging.. Old posts are like sleeping dogs...