It is currently September 20th, 2024, 4:01 am

silver surfer.

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
pjdade

silver surfer.

Post by pjdade »

hallo all,well I'm keen to learn and the first thing I have to do is learn the Language, after perusing the forums one thing is very apparent,..........I don't understand 90% what you are talking about,going over my head...So I will be doing a great deal of referring back from whatever I'm reading for translations,so bear with me...IT speak for dummies would be handy.
But the main thing is I love what I've seen you can accomplish and I want some.
cheers all...Pete,london.
Mordasius

Re: silver surfer.

Post by Mordasius »

Greetings Pete from London.

Some of the stuff you read here may seem a little intimidating / incomprehensible at first but don't let that put you off. You'll soon get used to the terminology and you'll find plenty of people on the forum that are only to ready to respond to your questions in plain English.

The first thing you need to do is work your way through a few of the examples in the tutorials and then download a few skins from Deviant Art or Customize.org to start playing around and see what happens when you alter the variables or the way the meters work. Note that 'skins' in Rainmeter jargon doesn't refer to the papers you wrap skunk with or those right-wing types with Dr. Martens and cropped hair, but rather what you might think of as widgets.

Go for it and you'll be surprised at how much fun you have crafting your own Rainmeter skins. :)
pjdade

Re: silver surfer.

Post by pjdade »

:thumbup: thats how I discovered rainmeter,on deviant .posted a painting of mine on the site scrolled around a bit and delved into rainmeter site and was amazed at what can be achieved,I thought Ill have a go and here I am...thanks for the welcome....pete.