Post by dr_infernoo »

Is there a way to align text to an arc?

Something like this?
Thank you Google :)
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Text on an arc?

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Only by placing and rotating each letter individually. You can't transform whole objects in such a non-linear way with Rainmeter.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
UnforgivenRevival

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

You could just make the text an image in photoshop or inkscape or gimp, and tweak it to however you wanted with a transparent background.
dr_infernoo

Post by dr_infernoo »

UnforgivenRevival wrote:You could just make the text an image in photoshop or inkscape or gimp, and tweak it to however you wanted with a transparent background.
This seems like a good way i guess lol

EDIT: What if you want the text to read from a measure? Like a percent? Cooked this up:

Like if I wanted that percent to change?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

One way would be to somehow split that number up into two meters (one displays the first, the other the second digit). Then you use the "Angle" parameter on the string meters to rotate them into the right position and position them accordingly. The rest of the text would best be created as an image.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
UnforgivenRevival

I agree with Merlin. The text that will never change will work best as an image, But you will need 2(or even 4 [100%=4 places :p] ) seperate meters with the correct rotations to achieve this properly.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

UnforgivenRevival wrote:I agree with Merlin. The text that will never change will work best as an image, But you will need 2(or even 4 [100%=4 places :p] ) seperate meters with the correct rotations to achieve this properly.
This is only neccessary if you want to write the % dynamically too like

[1][0][0][%]
[9][9][%][ ]

else only 3 are needed
[1][0][0][%]
[ ][9][9][%]

but its just a minor detail
dr_infernoo

Post by dr_infernoo »

MerlinTheRed wrote:One way would be to somehow split that number up into two meters (one displays the first, the other the second digit). Then you use the "Angle" parameter on the string meters to rotate them into the right position and position them accordingly. The rest of the text would best be created as an image.
Ay-yah that's a pain lol I was considering putting the text in the gaps in my skin suite, instead of along the top: I would have to change the either the gap size or the font size a little, but I thought it would look cleaner.
UnforgivenRevival

I was just writing code to something very similar to this. Looks like someone beat me to it.
dr_infernoo

Post by dr_infernoo »

UnforgivenRevival wrote:I was just writing code to something very similar to this. Looks like someone beat me to it.
Similar to mine? Or the text-on-an-arc thing?

You might check out NewMon. I just put it up (my first suite). :)