It is currently May 14th, 2024, 1:14 am

Which reading is correct? [MeasureCPU] or Plugin = Perfmon?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
wiedzmawiedzma

Which reading is correct? [MeasureCPU] or Plugin = Perfmon?

Post by wiedzmawiedzma »

:headbang: Reading the number of running threads with Plugin = Perfmon noticed that does not match the value of CPU utilization obtained with [MeasureCPU] with indications of Task Manager. I ran CoreTemp and checked the value of the use of cores and agree with the indications [MeasureCPU], so I found a few ways to obtain indications of CPU usage by plugin = Perfmon and agree with the indications TaskManager. Synchronized skins [MeasureCPU] and Plugin = Perfmon with TaskManager and observed differences in readings.The observed differences in what size to 50% of patients with low CPU to 25% only the values ​​obtained using the Plugin = Perfmon always agree with the indications Task Manager. Above 25%, all three show the same value.And indications are that correct? :sos:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wiedzmawiedzma on August 25th, 2012, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Which reading is correct? [MeasureCPU] or Plugin = Perfm

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Are you sure you are comparing the exact same values? It could well be that "% Processor Utility" is not the same thing MeasureCPU measures. Also, doesn't PerfMonDifference=1 return the difference to the previous value instead of the actual one?
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
wiedzmawiedzma

Re: Which reading is correct? [MeasureCPU] or Plugin = Perfm

Post by wiedzmawiedzma »

After reading your answer, I ran the benchmark and locked the CPU to 100% and I noticed that I was doing unnecessary confusion.
First, I work a 90-day version of Windows 8 RTM for a week and I noticed that the system has too many serious mistakes as RTM status.When you run the benchmark and block 100% CPU I noticed that the value of CPU usage in Task Manager is 90% and hence the difference in readings.And I found another bug in the RTM of others I will not mention because this is not the place for it.
Secondly, you're right about the fact that "% Processor Utility" is not suitable for this because when the CPU usage was up to 100% in the "% Processor Utility" exceed 100%.I already mentioned that I will not be a couple of hours observing and comparing the readings to erroneous indications Task Manager.So I think it is a closed post for what to make someone confused when it is well established [MeasureCPU] and RTM acting badly.
I think administrators should delete this post because he does not teach anyone interesting.