It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:39 pm

Rainmeter stop working

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Rainmeter stop working

Post by balala »

Recently I changed old Rainmeter 2.2 with Rainmeter 2.4 beta r1611. First everithing was ok, but after a few hours, Rainmeter stoped working. Some skins disapeared and I couldn't click to any skin, once I did, that skin also disapeared. The only solution was to restart Rainmeter: with Ctrl-Alt-Del I opened the task manager, closed Rainmeter then restarted and everithing became ok. After another few hours all started again. A few times it wasfrustrating, but after it happened 5-6 times, I became angry.
Did somebody experienced this kind of troubles?
Thank you
KreAch3R

Re: Rainmeter stop working

Post by KreAch3R »

Right click the rainmeter icon in the notification area, click "About" and select the Log tab. Is it full of errors? Reinstalling the older 2.2 version stops the problem?

Generally no, this is definitely neither expected behavior, nor a common one.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, there had a lot of errors.
I uninstalled the 2.4 version and reinstalled the 2.2. The Log tab also contains a lot of errors, but the program runs well and didn't stoped, from hours.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Some or your skins have problems then, that may be fatal in the new 2.4 beta (I don't know why, but this seems to be the case). Could you enable logging from the Rainmeter icon's right click menu, and post the log file here?

Desktop DeviartArt
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I have created the log file, but now I can't upload here, because when I click to Submit, only think what happens is that the file disappear from the Filename field. So, I uploaded this log to Filefactory, here is the link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/4lfyy2aynidd/n/Rainmeter.log
You can download the file for free.
Now, a few observations acording to this log file:
- A [MeterDriveBarBack] meter does not exists in USBDrive skin. In fact I made a search and such meter does not exists in any skin.
- From 00:58:40.625 the "Image: Unable to load:" messages indicates images which couldn't be loaded in a Slideshow skin, because in the meantime Rainmeter stoped working.
Thank you for your help.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Nothing in this log seems like a big problem. (Note: it was a very big file, so you had it logging for a big period of time; the log should contain all the relevant errors right after a 'refresh all' bang. No need to wait for a long time). Most of the repeating errors were:

Code: Select all

ERRO (00:01:08.141) !ShowMeter: [More] not found in "Vista Rainbar\SunMoon"
ERRO (00:01:08.719) !HideMeter: [MeterDriveBarBack] not found in "Vista Rainbar\USBDrive"
WARN (00:05:08.531) WebParser.dll: [MeasureGMail] Not enough substrings!
WARN (00:05:08.531) WebParser.dll: [MeasureTitle] Not enough substrings!
WARN (00:05:08.531) WebParser.dll: [MeasureAddress] Not enough substrings!
ERRO (00:05:08.531) WebParser.dll: [MeasureGMail] The url is empty.
ERRO (00:09:24.750) !ActivateConfig: Invalid parameters
ERRO (00:09:24.750) !ActivateConfig: Invalid parameters
ERRO (01:01:27.766) Image: Unable to load: D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Csillagaszat\Naprendszer\Mars\Spirit\Sol582A_P2299_L456-A590R1.jpg
ERRO (01:01:44.016) Image: Unable to load: D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Csillagaszat\Naprendszer\Mars\Spirit\Talaj\2P146427821FFL8522P2569L2M1-A226R1.jpg
ERRO (01:01:44.141) Image: Unable to load: D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Absztrakt\Háttér\BG_22.jpg
ERRO (01:06:24.891) Image: Unable to load: D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Absztrakt\Cdborító\Images\MUSIC02.JPG
ERRO (01:10:55.391) Image: Unable to load: D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Absztrakt\Virtuális\Játék\MotoGP2\motogp2_1.jpg
ERRO (01:11:39.297) Image: Unable to load: D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Csillagaszat\Naprendszer\Mars\Spirit\Everest_L257atc-A622R1.jpg
ERRO (01:11:40.016) Image: Unable to load: D:\My Documents\My Pictures\Absztrakt\Polymer.jpg
So, you 're missing a lot of images, some Meters, and your gmail skin shouldn't be working. These don't explain, however, the crash. Install 2.4 beta (no need to uninstall, just install on top). and load one skin at a time. Try to find out after which skin the problems start. That would be the culprit.

Desktop DeviartArt
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

OK, I found the guilty skin. There is any method to find what's the error in it, since in Rainmeter 2.2 it worked?
Thank you
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

balala wrote:OK, I found the guilty skin. There is any method to find what's the error in it, since in Rainmeter 2.2 it worked?
Thank you
I can take a look if you upload the skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thank you, I try to upload the skin, and I don't know why, but I can't. When I click to Submit, the file disapears from the Filname field. So I uploaded it to FileFactory, here is the link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/1ib1941w8owz/n/Slideshow.zip
It is a slideshow with transition effect between images.
If I open the skin, the RAM usage starts to grow up to 97-98% and at this point Rainmeter freezes.