It is currently May 1st, 2024, 8:11 am

S.H.I.E.L.D. skin music player

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
hodgesa

S.H.I.E.L.D. skin music player

Post by hodgesa »

I am trying to get the music player in the Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. skin to work with windows media player but I have no idea what to adjust where. There are very brief instructions at the beginning of the script but all they say is that you can change your player in the Config.inc file. Is there anyone who can explain to me what I have to plug into the script to get it to run WMP?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. skin music player

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I don't know which of the many SHILED-related skins you are talking about, but from your instructions I'm guessing you need to do something like this:

- Locate the Config.inc file in the skin's folder (C:\Users\You\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Name of Skin).
- Open it with a text editor
- Find a line that says "MusicPlayer=Winamp" or "Musicplayer=anything that is not WMP" or something similar (perhaps it's only called "Player", or "PlayerName" or something).
- Change the line to "MusicPlayer=WMP"
- reload your skin

Note that you're not supposed to change the name of the variable, just the value.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
hodgesa

Post by hodgesa »

Sorry I forgot to put a link to the skin I'm talking about

http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/?qh=&section=&q=S.H.I.E.L.D.#/d56vtcl

also thank you that did seem to work. Now I am just not entirely sure what i should put in this line:

[Variables]
@include=#SKINSPATH#\Avengers\Config.inc

do I just plug in the path to the config file similar to the one you wrote in your reply?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Hm. I'm not sure what your problem might be. I just downloaded the skin from the link you posted and Windows Media Player works out of the box. Do you have the latest version? If not, try downloading and installing it again.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!