It is currently April 30th, 2024, 11:58 pm

Making a button to open Amazon kindle

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
hodgesa

Making a button to open Amazon kindle

Post by hodgesa »

I believe this is the right section to post this in as I am trying to get help editing a S.H.I.E.L.D. skin. I am trying to make one of the buttons open up my amazon kindle on my computer and this is the script I am using:

[MeterLauncher7]
Meter=BUTTON
ButtonImage=Launcher Large Button.png
y=48r
Antialias=1
ButtonCommand=!Execute ["C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle\application\kindle.exe"]
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!ShowMeter MeterLauncherText7H][!Hidemeter MeterLauncherText7][!ShowMeter MeterLauncherIcon7H][!Hidemeter MeterLauncherIcon7]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!ShowMeter MeterLauncherText7][!Hidemeter MeterLauncherText7H][!ShowMeter MeterLauncherIcon7][!Hidemeter MeterLauncherIcon7H]

I have tried many different variations to the command in line 7 but none of them have worked. can someone please help
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Making a button to open Amazon kindle

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Normally, if this is really the path to your executable, this should work perfectly fine... I'm guessing your problem is that you click on the icon but nothing happens? Perhaps the kindle.exe needs some command line parameters? Does it work if you start that exe file manually (not a shortcut that points to it)?
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
hodgesa

Re: Making a button to open Amazon kindle

Post by hodgesa »

i just opened the exe file manually yesterday and that worked but i just tried again and nothing appears to be happening. i was about to try redownloading kindle but as i was writing this the button started to work. I did not change anything and have no idea what happened but it appears to work now. Thank you for the help