It is currently May 1st, 2024, 10:36 am

multiple image show on mouse over possible?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Seahorse

Re: multiple image show on mouse over possible?

Post by Seahorse »

Use a button and a String Meter?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I really, really don't get what you are trying to do. That image you posted with the two versions of the "computer", one with the label below it and one without, are different widths, they are already "squished" before you do anything.

I don't get if you are trying to have the second image with the text label still fit the same "area" on the screen, meaning the computer part of the image will need to be smaller to allow space for the text label while staying the same size, or if you just want to have the text label appear below the computer image, so that the space on the screen used gets "taller", but the image of the computer stays the same size.

Please explain what you are trying to do and post a .zip of the code you have now and the images.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

balric wrote:I have tried..

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "My_Computer3.png"] [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H=300] [!Update]

and

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "My_Computer3.png"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H [300] [!Update]

neither of make a difference as image just gets scrunched up.
Neither of those is the correct syntax for !SetOption. Try this instead:

Code: Select all

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "My_Computer3.png"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H 300][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
(I also changed [!Update] to [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw], which is a little more efficient for what you're trying to do. Thank jsmorley for being a nitpicker. :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Kaelri wrote:Thank jsmorley for being a nitpicker. :)
It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it...
balric

Post by balric »

this is my theme, I want the icons on the top to have the name seemingly extend from the bar. if I enlarged firs timage than the mouse over hotspot extends to below the bar.

tried your edited syntax line Kaelri but now I get this.

leftmost icon is on mouse over, now its over stretched and cut off. also need it to revert to old size after mouse over.

not sure what strings are only been on this a couple of days.
Last edited by Brian on August 18th, 2012, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use [hsimg] for larger images.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

balric wrote:tried your edited syntax line Kaelri but now I get this.

leftmost icon is on mouse over, now its over stretched and cut off. also need it to revert to old size after mouse over.
Ok, take a moment and think about this. :) You used [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H 300] to increase the image height. So in order to increase the width, you can do the same thing, with "W" in place of "H".

As for changing it back, you know how to do that; you used it in your original meter. MouseOverAction is what happens when the mouse moves over the meter. MouseLeaveAction is what happens when the mouse leaves the meter. So use MouseLeaveAction to set the width and height back to their original sizes.

To fix the cut-off problem, add DynamicWindowSize=1 to the skin's [Rainmeter] section.

[Rainmeter]
DynamicWindowSize=1
balric

Post by balric »

Kaelri wrote: Ok, take a moment and think about this. :) You used [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H 300] to increase the image height. So in order to increase the width, you can do the same thing, with "W" in place of "H".

As for changing it back, you know how to do that; you used it in your original meter. MouseOverAction is what happens when the mouse moves over the meter. MouseLeaveAction is what happens when the mouse leaves the meter. So use MouseLeaveAction to set the width and height back to their original sizes.

To fix the cut-off problem, add DynamicWindowSize=1 to the skin's [Rainmeter] section.

[Rainmeter]
DynamicWindowSize=1

just the ticket, Thank you :)