It is currently May 1st, 2024, 5:42 am

multiple image show on mouse over possible?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balric

multiple image show on mouse over possible?

Post by balric »

I am creating my own launcher dock and I wanted the icon to display the icon name under the icon with mouse over. This I can do however as icon size is specified in ini the icon with text gets scrunched, so is it possible to link two images to a mouse over ? I thought of increasing the png size in ini to incorporate the text but this makes it messy as mouse over is enabled when your not on the image.

I just realised if possible I would need to specify location of second image in respect to the first image.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
KreAch3R

Re: multiple image show on mouse over possible?

Post by KreAch3R »

To answer your question simply, yes you can both (multiple images on hover, relative positioning). I would like to take a look at your code though, to fully understand what you are trying to describe, because I'm don't right now.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If I understand you correctly, I gather that you want to have two images, one just an icon, and one an icon with some text under it? I'm not sure I would go that way, why not just have a String meter with the text that you show / hide on MouseOver?

Maybe if you can explain a little further exactly what you are trying to accomplish we can be sure we don't waste time with a solution that doesn't fit.
balric

Post by balric »

[home]
Meter=Image
ImageName=My_Computer.png
X=0
Y=10
W=100
H=100
AntiAlias=1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "My_Computer1.png"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "My_Computer.png"][!Update]
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"]
ToolTipText="My Computer"

that is the code for button one, what I want though is either My_Computer1.png at a different size as My_Computer.png or mouseoveraction displaying two images.

hope that makes sense.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

jsmorley guessed it right (given that we don't have the images, I assume you have the text inside the image). You should leave that out, make it a String Meter, and make it appear on hover.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
balric

Post by balric »

Image This is a rough view of what i'm after doing.
balric

Post by balric »

I'm guessing that this can't be achieved by conventional methods ?
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

why don't you just make both images the same size?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Another option would be to also change the size of the image meter when the mouse hovers over it. Just use !SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H [new height] where you replace [new height] with the appropriate height of the image you're now displaying.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
balric

Post by balric »

MerlinTheRed wrote:Another option would be to also change the size of the image meter when the mouse hovers over it. Just use !SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H [new height] where you replace [new height] with the appropriate height of the image you're now displaying.

I have tried..

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "My_Computer3.png"] [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H=300] [!Update]

and

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "My_Computer3.png"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H [300] [!Update]

neither of make a difference as image just gets scrunched up.