It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 11:34 pm

Problems with Lua in Rainmeter 2.4

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Problems with Lua in Rainmeter 2.4

Post by balala »

Hello,

I just upgarded from Rainmeter 2.2 to Rainmeter 2.4 and encounted an error: the older skins which uses lua scripts, doesn't works. In the Rainmeter 2.2 everithing was ok, this skins worked. I didn't changed anithing just installed the new version. Do somebody knows what happend? Maybe the Rainmeter 2.4 uses a newer Lua format? If yes, what must be changed in old Lua files, to work properly in this version, too?
For example the jsmorley's AndroidClock (http://www.customize.org/rainmeter/skins/88647) works in Rainmeter 2.4, but until now I used an older version of this skin (called LuaTimeText) and this don't works in Rainmeter 2.4, but worked in Rainmeter 2.2.

Thank you
poiru
Developer

Re: Problems with Lua in Rainmeter 2.4

Post by poiru »

Can you upload the skins that do not work?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

This one for example worked in Rainmeter 2.2, but now it don't (the skin works well, but the name - only the name - of the image should appear on the skin. For this is used a NoPath.lua file, which from the whole image path, name and extension determines only the name - this part don't works).
I don't know why, but I can't upload files into this reply, when I click to Submit, the file disapears and nothing else happens. So the skin can be downloaded from here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/4eakf53c3ol5/n/Slideshow.zip
Thank you
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Change:

Code: Select all

MeterToUpdate = tolua.cast(SKIN:GetMeter("MeterImageName"), "CMeterString")
To:

Code: Select all

MeterToUpdate = SKIN:GetMeter("MeterImageName")
I'll fix this for the next beta since this issue seems to pop up every now and then, but I reccomend you change it anyway.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

OK, Thank you, this helped.