It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 4:06 pm

Problem with skin manager

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
vestais

Problem with skin manager

Post by vestais »

I've been using rainmeter for at least a year now, but I still feel like a complete amateur. I'm using windows 7, and I can't seem to open the skin manager, which I believe is the correct name for that little white interface that comes up when you first install the program, and allows you to launch your skins and edit your skin settings.

I've unloaded all the skins I had on my desktop, because I wanted to get some new ones and change the desktop entirely. Now I can't seem to open the manager, and therefore am not able to load any skins: nothing happens when I click on the rainmeter icon in my start menu, or the icon that I had in objectdock.

At first I thought the problem could be that I didn't have the newest version of Rainmeter. I installed it when I saw that I didn't, but of course, when the manager came up, I exited it like an idiot, and am back to the same problem. I don't want to uninstall and then reinstall rainmeter again, although that would open the manager, I want to learn how to find the manager without already having a skin loaded on my desktop, and possibly learn why nothing happens when I click the rainmeter icon.

Hopefully all of this makes sense and what I'm looking for is in fact the skin manager.

EDIT: I have also reread rainmeter 101 and the manual, it doesn't seem to be of much help.
smurfier

Re: Problem with skin manager

Post by smurfier »

Click on the rainmeter icon in the notification tray.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

From Rainmeter 101:
Rainmeter also has a tray icon when it's running, and you can open the context menu by right-clicking the tray icon, as well. The tray menu's layout is the reverse of the skin menu's: the main menu shows global Rainmeter settings, while the submenus let you access each individual skin's settings. This comes in handy when you can't right-click a skin for some reason: whether it's hidden, or moving around, or ended up off-screen. It also gives you a nice alphabetical list of all of your running skins.

vestais

Post by vestais »

I knew the solution had to be something simple like that. Not sure how I missed it. Thank you both!