It is currently May 4th, 2024, 5:16 pm

making menus in rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
deigima

making menus in rainmeter

Post by deigima »

okay, first things first, ive been googling this and looking on youtube for days now, so dont tell me i should have looked first.

i want to make menus / buttons (preffer text) for my programs / games / folders.
havent made a skin before, and yes im new to rainmeter.
im going for a black/blue theme to suit bluevision v0.2

even if its just a show/hide box containing the icons or something, thats awesome
thanks in advance for any help
UnforgivenRevival

Re: making menus in rainmeter

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

deigima wrote:okay, first things first, ive been googling this and looking on youtube for days now, so dont tell me i should have looked first.

i want to make menus / buttons (preffer text) for my programs / games / folders.
havent made a skin before, and yes im new to rainmeter.
im going for a black/blue theme to suit bluevision v0.2

even if its just a show/hide box containing the icons or something, thats awesome
thanks in advance for any help

For the icons, I recommend the program Fences by Stardock. You can put all your icons in them, And double click your desktop to hide/ show them, clearing up alot of deskspace.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: making menus in rainmeter

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Making dropdown-style menus is rather easy if you do it the simple way. Basically you create the meters for the menu "title" and the menu "entries", but add all the entries to the same group (add Group=Entries or something like that to the relevant meters) and set them to Hidden=1.

Then you make a MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeterGroup Entries][!Redraw] that you add to the title background (or whatever the meter is that handles your mouse interaction for that item), and MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeterGroup Entries][!Redraw] that you add to the interactive meter of all the entries and the title.

Another alternative is to show/hide the dropdown on click rather than mouse over. in that case just use LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup Entries][!Redraw] on the title.

I made a post here: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73899#p73899 with sample code for a skin that kinda does what you want, perhaps.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!