It is currently April 26th, 2024, 6:34 pm

How about a way to remove stuff you don't want?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
eyeoftheram

How about a way to remove stuff you don't want?

Post by eyeoftheram »

This is my current problem. There probably is already a way, but I can't figure out where I should post about my problem, so if it's posted in the wrong spot, sue me, cause I don't know where to post anything about this...

I am new to using this, I clicked on a few options that are in tiny text on the Enigma theme thing, it's a black box that shows up in the middle of the screen, as soon as I open Rainmeter. I have no idea how to get rid of the clock, and the sidebar, and other shit I don't want. Why isn't there an easier way to remove what you don't want? This is so confusing, it makes my head hurt... uh.

Also, I downloaded a skin from deviantART, and put it in the skins folder for Rainmeter, and it don't work... I try to apply it and nothing happens, it still looks the same. I got stuff jumbled up in the top right corner, I don't even know what to do with, because I don't even WANT THEM. I only wanted to use a few things from this, and see if I could possibly like it. It's a neat little program, but it's too confusing... I need help.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: How about a way to remove stuff you don't want?

Post by jsmorley »

eyeoftheram wrote:This is my current problem. There probably is already a way, but I can't figure out where I should post about my problem, so if it's posted in the wrong spot, sue me, cause I don't know where to post anything about this...

I am new to using this, I clicked on a few options that are in tiny text on the Enigma theme thing, it's a black box that shows up in the middle of the screen, as soon as I open Rainmeter. I have no idea how to get rid of the clock, and the sidebar, and other shit I don't want. Why isn't there an easier way to remove what you don't want? This is so confusing, it makes my head hurt... uh.

Also, I downloaded a skin from deviantART, and put it in the skins folder for Rainmeter, and it don't work... I try to apply it and nothing happens, it still looks the same. I got stuff jumbled up in the top right corner, I don't even know what to do with, because I don't even WANT THEM. I only wanted to use a few things from this, and see if I could possibly like it. It's a neat little program, but it's too confusing... I need help.
You can right click any skin and say "Skin Menu / Close Skin". That addresses how to get rid of a skin you have loaded. As to moving things around, you just left click and drag them to where you want them to be.

You might want to run through this one time: http://rainmeter.net/RainWiki/index.php?title=Rainmeter_101 It might be enlightening.
eyeoftheram

Post by eyeoftheram »

jsmorley wrote: You can right click any skin and say "Skin Menu / Close Skin". That addresses how to get rid of a skin you have loaded. As to moving things around, you just left click and drag them to where you want them to be.

You might want to run through this one time: http://rainmeter.net/RainWiki/index.php?title=Rainmeter_101 It might be enlightening.
Thank you. But i've tried the closing option you told me, before I even posted here, and it closes the entire program. So that doesn't work. I will take a look at what you linked me. Hopefully that will help, whatever it is. I really don't understand why this is so hard to control.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eyeoftheram wrote: Thank you. But i've tried the closing option you told me, before I even posted here, and it closes the entire program. So that doesn't work. I will take a look at what you linked me. Hopefully that will help, whatever it is. I really don't understand why this is so hard to control.
If you right click and say "Exit" it closes Rainmeter. If you right click and under "Skin Menu" say "Close Skin" it closes just that skin.
eyeoftheram

Post by eyeoftheram »

jsmorley wrote:If you right click and say "Exit" it closes Rainmeter. If you right click and under "Skin Menu" say "Close Skin" it closes just that skin.

That's what I did, but it didn't work. So I reinstalled the program, then reinstalled the skin I wanted to use, and tried again, and now it works. Thank you. Also that link helped too. I now can understand the program. I have no problems now. Thanks again.