It is currently September 20th, 2024, 1:44 am

Hi, I'm Bones

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Bones

Hi, I'm Bones

Post by Bones »

I recently discovered Rainmeter through Lifehacker and decided to try it out. Its awesome and its made my Win8 desktop look amazing. I've attached a screenshot for anyone who is interested.

I also do skins for Synapse-Audio Orion, which is the music software we use in my band, NOVAkILL. You can check some of that stuff out at http://www.novakill.com if you are interested. I started doing it because I wanted to improve on the functionality of the application but the current batch also look cool (I hope). You will see immediately why I latched onto the Avengers skin - it is a similar kind of concept to that used in my Xtro Orion skin.

I do almost all the work in Xara Designer Pro, which I've been using since it was simply Xara 2.0 in 1998 or '99. The current version is a decent replacement for Illustrator, Photoshop (sort of), Flash (again, sort of) and Dreamweaver (totally). Its well worth checking out if you've not seen it before.

Anyway, my hope is to come up with something a little more bespoke than what I have currently, which is the Avengers skin with a few graphical tweaks - changed BG images and my own app icons - and a bit of customisation. Its early days, I only installed it last week, so hopefully I can come up with something original in coming weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mordasius

Re: Hi, I'm Bones

Post by Mordasius »

Nifty looking desktop you have there Bones.... but you really must do something about that recycle bin :)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yes, I've tried a few but none of them were really doing it for me.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

I'm sure you could make one that looks like the icons on the left of the screen with maybe an indicator to show how much was in the bin.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Just so. I grabbed the Illustro one today and bent it to my will. Functionality isn't perfect but it looks the part and it will get the job done. I've attached a new full preview as I've also changed a few other things, most notably the wallpaper. I'm finding it really easy to pick things up. It all seems very well thought out and quite simple for me to get my fat head around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.