It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 6:32 am

Cannot open Facebook because of Rainmeter?!

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
DawnMist

Cannot open Facebook because of Rainmeter?!

Post by DawnMist »

Hey guys,

ever since I've discovered Rainmeter, I've downloaded a lot of themes and skins, and I really love it.

But for the past several weeks, maybe a month I've been having some problems with opening my Facebook profile. No matter what I do, it can seem to open. What is more interesting I can open every other web page but Facebook :???: . I've tried everything (numerous scans for viruses...). Is it possible that I cannot open Facebook because I have entered my fb url onto one of the Rainmeter skins (I can't remember which one) ? I really don't know what's going on?! :confused: :x

If you have any idea what the problem is, please respond.
p.s. Will I have to format my PC ?
lysy1993lbn

Re: Cannot open Facebook because of Rainmeter?!

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Do facebook opens when Rainmeter is not running?
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Cannot open Facebook because of Rainmeter?!

Post by Kaelri »

It is extremely unlikely that Rainmeter has anything to do with your browser's ability to connect to Facebook. It is much more likely that you have some extension, network setting, or other software that is getting in the way.

As lysy1993lbn suggested, the easiest way to confirm this is to exit Rainmeter (right-click the tray icon and click "Exit") and try connecting to Facebook again. If you still can't, then Rainmeter is definitely not a factor. If you can, then we can help you diagnose this further.