It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 2:01 am

Multi-monitors

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
TheCompWiz

Multi-monitors

Post by TheCompWiz »

I've noticed a semi-bug when you specify which monitor to display skins on. i.e. when using the notation 500R@2 (meaning 500px from the right on monitor 2); if the 2nd monitor goes away (undocking my laptop for instance) the items are shoved over onto the primary monitor.

Suggestions in the IRC chan were to directly modify every skin to accomidate this behavior... but that seems foolish. Especially as you cannot use the "@" syntax from within the skin to dictate which monitor to display on.

I believe the skin should be hidden (or disabled perhaps?) until the monitor becomes available again (re-docking). Additionally, having a configuration option that permits moving to the primary monitor if the 2nd monitor becomes unavailable.

thoughts?
smurfier

Re: Multi-monitors

Post by smurfier »

This is standard behavior with how Windows treats program windows when the monitor is unplugged. Happens every time I disconnect my laptop from the tv.

With it being standard behavior I don't think it should change.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
KreAch3R

Re: Multi-monitors

Post by KreAch3R »

You can create two themes, (for 1 and 2 monitors, respectively) and load the one you need. Taking that a little further, perhaps there is a way through AutoIt to automate that (depending on the number of screens Windows is detecting).
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt