It is currently April 28th, 2024, 4:59 am

Glasses skin - creating a launcher.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Recoil

Glasses skin - creating a launcher.

Post by Recoil »

link to skin - http://vclouds.deviantart.com/art/Glasses-313182310?q=gallery%3Arainmeter%2F12506905&qo=0

So, I have been working with this one and tweaking it so that it fits a certain way on my second monitor. The launcher that it uses is for ObjectDock which I do not want to install and am currently using the launcher for ABP. However I would like it to somewhat match the Glasses theme, but trying to create one from scratch is extremely out of my league here.

I wanted to see if someone else has come up with a matching launcher for this that they can share, or assist me with understanding how to create one for it. I thought about mocking up the RSS display for it, yet get lost in trying to change anything in it, so essentially I am stuck before I can even start correctly.

I know I am new to this and all, but I have done several searches on my own, read the guides, looked through the files, and still am coming up with no solution to my problem here.
haibusa2005

Re: Glasses skin - creating a launcher.

Post by haibusa2005 »

I don't want to be mean but you should write some code first, see what doesn't work as it should or you don't know how to do something, if you need help for sorting out some kind of algorithm and so on. You can expect help after you put some effort in the skin.
Recoil

Re: Glasses skin - creating a launcher.

Post by Recoil »

Thanks. I was just curious if anyone had went through the trouble yet or not before I actually began messing with it. I have been making several failed attempts to edit a copy of the RSS.ini file to have something similar to that except with links. I am going to keep trying though and will repost if I run into a whole lot of issues.
galron

This may be usefull

Post by galron »

Here is something I hacked together. I'm still tweaking it but use what you need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.