It is currently April 30th, 2024, 5:31 pm

tutorial not working for me :(

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Zero0

tutorial not working for me :(

Post by Zero0 »

hey all, im having a bit of trouble with the tutorial: rainmeter 101. im trying to build the CPU meter but theres a little problem.

i suppose it would be easier to post the code i have:

Code: Select all

[rainmeter]
update=1000
author=Zero0
backgroundmode=2
solidcolor=#colour1#

[variables]
color1=0,0,100,128
Color2=255,255,255,255
Color3=70,70,70,128

[measureCPU]
measure=CPU
[measureRAM]
measure=physicalmemory
[measureswap]
measure=swapmemory

[meterCPUtext]
meter=string
measurename=measureCPU
X=5
Y=5
W=105
H=15
fontcolor=#color2#
text="CPU: %1%"
AntiAlias=1
If i change the values around a bit; specificaly 2 or 3 i can change the colour of the text but only to special colours that i cant seem to figure out. when i change the color1 variable to = a colour that i know for a fact is not white. it only comes up with a blank, white filled box that only shows the CPU meter after i play with the fontcolor bit. im following it exactly like in the tutorial (with a little colour customization here and there) and im having a bad time understanding why. any help is appreaciated and would be glad to learn more.
thanks
Zero0

P.S. If theres a topic thats just like this, im sorry but im just to tired to go through all 21 pages of non relevent topics in the chance to find some small sliver of help
Last edited by smurfier on July 22nd, 2012, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.
ninjas are the true future. screw the little kids (figuretively); all they know how to do is shove crayons into their brain and fill their mouths with glue

source: me :D
jsmorley
Developer

Re: tutorial not working for me :(

Post by jsmorley »

solidcolor=#colour1#

Should be

SolidColor=#color1#

Spelling counts... ;-)
Zero0

Post by Zero0 »

oh thanks :D its just that it says on the tutorial: color1 or ect so i assumed the tags had to be spelt like that

for instance in the tutorial code it says in the variable tag:

[Variables]
Color1=0,0,32,128 so ive just been following that spelling

well thanks for your help lol sorry it was such a stupid question :D :great:
ninjas are the true future. screw the little kids (figuretively); all they know how to do is shove crayons into their brain and fill their mouths with glue

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

When it comes to variables, things you "define" in the [Variables] section and then use later with #VarName#, it doesn't matter a bit how you spell them, as long as you spell them the same when you define them as when you use them.

[Variables]
MyKolor=255,255,255,255

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontColor=#MyKolor#

While "FontColor" must be EXACTLY that since it is an "option name" and not a "variable", a variable you use as the value of the option can be anything you like, as long as when you use it with #VarName# someplace it is able to find the "definition" of it in the [Variables] section.
Zero0

Post by Zero0 »

i would like to correct my self on that last post. thanks Jsmorley, i should have noticed that little grammer mistake :headbang: :handtohead: i'll try not to make anymore stupid mistakes in the future :)

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Zero0 wrote:i would like to correct my self on that last post. thanks Jsmorley, i should have noticed that little grammer mistake :headbang: :handtohead: i'll try not to make anymore stupid mistakes in the future :)
I do it every day....

Zero0

Re: tutorial is now working for me :)

Post by Zero0 »

yeaaaaa... that may or may not be a great way to start the day... lol 8-)

KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

I don't think this has anything to do with Rainmeter.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt